DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Matte Painter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Video interview with several members of the team including the Supervisor. Quations raged from general experience questions to specific question about apptitude in diferent software packages. Also, what studios I worked at and how I got interested in matte painting.

Facilities Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the facilities manager, head of facilities, and faciltiies engineer. They asked me very basic questions like if I would be able to respond quickly to tasks and if I was comfortable doing physical labor.

Interview Questions

• If I was comfortable driving the company car   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Videography Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a lot more relaxing than I thought it would be. I first got a phone interview and they asked me simple questions such as my school schedule. Then after I moved on to the 1 on 1 that was located at the studio itself. There they asked me about my experience with video equipment and editing

Interview Questions

• I can't remember if there was a difficult or unexpected question asked by my interviewer   Answer Question

Asset Management Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was in a nice relaxed environment in 2 stages. First was to meet the main supervisor in which he told me the history of the company. The second stage was with the team I would be working with and they would ask me the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I trouble shoot a system that wasn't working on the network?   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I got the call after submitting my demo reel and resume to the HR. The first interview was on campus. Basic puzzle questions were asked. basic coding skills were tested. Was contacted after 3 weeks for onsite interview. 4 rounds in total, all panel interviews. First round was personality test. Asked questions about my personality, my likes, dislikes, asked me to narrate a funny story. Second round was puzzle round. Asked 6 different puzzles and I answered them all. The third round was technical round. The questions asked were based on C++, basic graphics questions, hashtables etc. The last round was with the TD director. He went over the team and the company. Explained the benefits of the company. A general chat.

Department Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
    initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
    If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
    A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Questions

• thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   1 Answer