DreamWorks Animation Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2016.

Interview

Actually I never got any interview phone call. First I got a call from the hr asking about my availability. Then received an email confirmation says someone will be calling at 10am on the following Tuesday, and I replied that email to confirm. And that's it, never heard anything from them after that. No phone call, no email, no explanation, no nothing.

Other Interview Reviews for DreamWorks Animation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions on c++ data structures.
    Some brain teasers.
    Interviews were not one on one, but with multiple people at the same time.
    There is usually a lunch break with the group as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Burbank, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

First initial phone screen, and then on site interview with engineers and hiring manager.
    There were lots of probing/testing on my skills,education, experties.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Online coding test - write a program to check if parentheses in an expression are matched. Phone screen - past work, simple array algorithmic problems. There were two face to face interviews - explain resume in detail, some behavioral questions like "describe a challenge that you solved", algorithms on DFS, Binary search tree.

Interview Questions

• What's an achievement in your past experience that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2012.

Interview

I was called back 1 day after submitting my resume. After talking with HR a couple times, I ended up going through the interview process for two positions - one in the R&D team and one for a tech director position. I had phone screens for both positions and then video interviews for both positions. The phone screen for the R&D position was very technical and there were some tough questions; for the technical director, there were a couple really easy programming and computer graphics questions, along with some abnormal puzzle questions. The R&D interview was pretty standard, 4 rounds of 1-2 people, mostly consisting of technical questions, asking about my current/past work, and some specific questions about my resume. The technical director interview was 3 rounds of 2 people. The first round was to get a feel for my personality, the second round was a bunch of puzzle questions, and the third round was programming and CG technical questions. In both interviews, I spoke with people from Glendale and Redwood City. HR has been very quick to get back to me after every interview, including getting a call at 630 PM PST after one of my phone screens just 2 hours after I had the interview to let me know they wanted to schedule a video interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences and usages of maps, linked lists, and arrays?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more relocation money since I'm moving from the east coast and what they offered wouldn't cover the full cost of moving, but I didn't get any extra.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in April 2010.

Interview

Hey, So I was interived by the 2 people(one a guy and other a lady) They gave me a tour of the place, showed me the servers they had. It was pretty good. Then they started looking for a place to conduct interview after 2-3 min they found a office (meeting place). They started asking about my resume and projects I did in the past. One was closely related to the work I was supposed to do with them(I think that was the reason I got a call in the first place) nyways then they ask me about binary tree ask me to write code about link list on the board. I wrote everything in C. They also asked me about different complexity for algos. All in all it was good experience.