Dresser-Rand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dresser-Rand

2.9

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olean, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Olean, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Short listing done through company website. It helps if you are recommended by someone within company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be very clear about your requirements right from the beginning. HR takes forever to respond, so give them a timeline/deadline

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Painted Post, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone screen and on-site interview. 45 minute initial phone screen. Full day interviews on site with 8 people. By time spoke with last two people, it was clear that they would make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olean, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Olean, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Panel interview consisted of 4 managers and one personnel representative. Friendly environment. Non-threatening. Employer encouraged direct conversation and interaction in a relaxed environment. Had an opportunity to gain thorough knowledge of the opportunity as well as obtain a plant tour. Olean is a nice community...though it is a very small town.

Interview Questions

• overall background synopsis   1 Answer
    • Behavioral - conflict resolution   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in October 2009.

Interview

I applied via my university's career website and they contacted me for an on campus interview. The interviewers were a global manager and an HR personnel. The only major questions they asked were "Tell us about yourself" and "Why do you want to work at Dresser-Rand". So be sure that you are able to convey your qualities because you may not get another chance to do so. I did not receive an invite for the second interview and received my rejection e-mail within an hour, meaning, leave a STRONG first impression because they are not going to think deep when screening candidates for the second interview.

The impression I received from the interviewers were that they love the company.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in February 2013.

Interview

This interview was quite a number of months ago so all the details are fuzzy. The interview seemed to go very well, they followed up with me and started to plan a second interview and then nothing. They asked the same general questions, what is your work experience, what are you most proud of. We would require a person to have "some list of skills that is on the job application" do you have these? Which of these is your weakest and best skills. The interview was with five or six people in different departments (they weren't sure where I would fit best).

I ended up telling them I didn't want to go into sales and do some program they have. So they ended up hiring one of my friends. They never told me I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard. Most difficult part for me was asking questions. They had given me so much information I didn't have too many questions at the end.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Painted Post, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Painted Post, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by all 5 managers of the plant; I was not asked too many questions. They essentially told me I was the only candidate and I would be "stuck" on the offshift for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was willing to stabilize their 2nd shift and continue to improve productivity there.   1 Answer

Process Simulation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in August 2013.

Interview

First contact from HR by phone to set up in person interview. Interview lasted for an hour. Interviewers seem not to be intersted at all. No communication after that. I emailed and called several times to see where the process is. No correspondence.

Financial Analyst - FMAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand (Buffalo, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was over a two day period. They then have you interview with 5-6 people separately. At the end of the first day you have dinner with some upper level people in the company and at the end of the dinner they give you a homework assignment to prepare for the morning after.

Interview Questions

• The homework assignment detailing numerous questions, and different ways to get to the solutions.   Answer Question

EMAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Initial on campus interview was pretty easy. Some simple get-to-know-you questions. Second stage was and online interview recording. Asked questions like "why did you choose engineering?" and "Why do you want to work at DR?" They give you a chance to do practice questions but you don't get to re-record the live questions and they give you a 2-3 minute limit for answering.

EMAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dresser-Rand in September 2014.

Interview

Overall, it was an enjoyable interview process. My interviewer was very friendly and personable. Questions were pretty standard. Asked about many things on my resume and about different group projects and labs I had done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you withheld information from a group project   Answer Question