Drift Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drift Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Drift

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

Easy interview; much more a question of culture fit than anything else as learning on the job and pushing yourself beyond your boundaries are the most critical factors for success at the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Drift

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA).

Interview

2 in person interviews. CTO trash-talked other places I was interviewing - major turnoff imo. Job description was not descriptive of what they were looking for, ended up a waste of everyones time.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard database schema for a system the interviewer had a difficult time describing.   Answer Question

Drift Response

Jul 5, 2018 – Team Experience Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience with Drift. We have discussed this as a team to learn for our future conversations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drift (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was then reached out by a recruiter who wanted to set up a phone call. Recruiter ended up rescheduling with me 3 times over the course of a week or so which was frustrating, but I tried to be understanding that life happens and that maybe they were having a bad week. Finally got on the phone with them for about 15 min and was told I would be sent details about the next steps for the technical portion. Never heard from them again. I would say I dodged a bullet and have since accepted an offer at a much better company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process overall was average. The reason I marked it as negative is the CTO call at the end. The CTO picked up, demanded to know what other companies I was talking to, bad-mouthed them, told me many people use "his offer" (not Drift's, *his*) as bargaining, that Drift won't negotiate so don't even try. He didn't even say that Drift would be happy to have me or that I'd fit well there. Nothing. It was a tense and scary call. There are mentions in recent reviews about micromanagement and mistrusting employees and I saw that firsthand in that call.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Drift.

Interview

About 3 weeks long. Spoke with a recruiter for a basic phone screen which eventually led to an onsite with some engineers testing me on my knowledge of ORM patterns & OOP practices.
    One of the leads was excessively aggressive and wouldn't budge when he made a mistake much to my embarrassment. Next round was CTO. When I finally got the offer then, I pushed back on the salary and was immediately asked "How old are you" (which I have now learned is illegal in MA) as a way to downplay my worth & experience. Then the question was changed to "When did you graduate" which is another work around to point out that as a candidate you & your degree are to young/inexperienced/unqualified to be earning more.
    This place is backwards.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? oops, I mean when did you graduate?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drift in January 2019.

Interview

Had an introduction call and was ghosted by the recruiter after that - would have been nice if they sent me a rejection email. The recruiter didn't seem to know much about the company when I asked questions about it.