Drinker Biddle & Reath Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2018

2.3

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Two round interviews: I only made it to the second one. First I met with the HR personal to discuss benefits and the position. then I met with the direct hire. She didn’t want to host a traditional interview just open dialogue. Got a call the next day saying I didn’t make it to the second round.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with Sr. Recruiter and HR Director for about 20 minutes to discuss previous roles and experience. I was prepared with many questions and they were generous with their time in answering them thoughtfully. Was told the next step if selected as a finalist would be an interview with a C level executive, however that step was skipped because of scheduling issues. Received offer within 5 days of interview.

Information Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I interview with the HR Manager, the Records Coordinator in person and the National Records Manager via satellite the process went very well i was given a background of the firm and a thorough description of the job itself.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in Legal Key program that they use at there firm.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very smooth and easy going. Felt a like a normal conversation instead of an interview. The office is gorgeous with amazing views. Everyone was really welcoming. The person in charge of interviewing was not intimidating at all and gave a lot of information about the company as well.

Interview Questions

• What was your last position? How are you with dealing with guests? Can you multitask? Are you a team player? How well do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with manager, then associate, then senior attorney, then partner. Saw in box and knew what position entailed. Summarized my then current secretarial role - absolute ridiculous role - and one week later accepted position due to sweet personalities.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath.

Interview

Several rounds with partners in various offices. Meetings with partners not in the DC office were done via web conference.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was via telephone as well as email. I spoke with the recruiter and she went over the position in detail as well as gave me information regarding the firm. I interviewed with the Service Desk Supervisor and that was as if I were speaking to an old friend because there was that much of a level of comfort while still interviewing and expressing my desire for the position and proving my capabilities. I was fully prepared for the interview and was confident going into it because I know my own skill set and felt that I would be a great fit for the position. The Supervisor agreed as I was called back for a second interview and then began working a week before Superstorm Sandy crashed down on us. The firm and Mondo were both understanding of the necessity to take time off due to inability to get to the office. Absolutely a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me is always what are my biggest weaknesses. My biggest weakness is that I tend to be nervous in an interview, but there was no nervousness in this interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The initial offer was right in my desired salary range so there was no need for negotiation.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

First, I had an informal, in-person interview with the office's head of recruiting. Then, I sat down with a senior associate. It was pretty funny to me, because the staff recruiter was way more intense than the attorney. It could have been that the associate was a little bit burned out, because he kept saying things like, "If you really want to make this kind of money" or "You could join a government agency and do something really interesting..." like his job really bored him to tears. At least, that's kind of what came out. I realized that he was not necessarily someone who really wanted to go into BigLaw, versus the staff person who had been at the firm for something like 20 years, when it was much smaller and seen it grow. Goes to show how important it is to understand the perspective of the people you interview with and additionally how important it is to know what you're getting into. BigLaw looks pretty grinding and tough no matter where you go. And if the money and prestige of a BigLaw firm is important to you--and it is to me...I'm not ashamed to say it--you've got to pay a price for that.

Interview Questions

• How could you sleep at night knowing that you had to defend someone who was responsible for so much wrongdoing?   1 Answer
    • Why is it so important for you to work at a big law firm like this, as opposed to a much smaller one, where you could get more substantial work earlier on?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

I sent them a letter with my resume. I was applying out of a clerkship. I did an initial interview, then came from callbacks with several additional partners.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated to get the same amount offered by another firm. I liked Drinker better.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Drinker Biddle & Reath in January 2010.

Interview

Round of interview with 4 different attorneys.