Driscoll’s Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Driscoll’s Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview that discussed the job and the company, and my background and experience. The second round of interview was another telephone interview with the hiring manager. After that would have been on-site interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA).

Interview

Interview process was normal. No overbearingly hard questions and didn't feel like I had to really jog my memory on past projects. Felt that the interview was appropriate for my skill level aswell as agreeing on the project I would be tasked with.

Interview Questions

• What do you wanna get out of this job?   1 Answer

Nursry Technology Implementation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Corvallis, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

I lived outside of California, so I interviewed over the phone. As an intern, I was put in contact with the internship program coordinator first. I mentioned to her which positions I was interested in, and she passed my information along to the people in charge of those positions. After that, I was contacted about a phone interview within the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What skills have you used to accomplish projects in the past, and how did these skills help accomplish them?   Answer Question
    • What strengths do you have that could be valuable to this position?   Answer Question
    • Were the projects you worked on basically self-guided? As in, were you assigned a task and it was up to you to figure out how to get it done and provide an end result.   Answer Question
    • What previous experience do you bring to the table, work and/or other   Answer Question
    • How capable are you of working in a team setting?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and we set up a phone call to discuss an open research scientist role. After being introduced to the role, I was encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume (emphasis on the cover letter). After a couple phone calls with another recruiter and a hiring manager, I was scheduled for an on-site interview in Watsonville, 2.5 months after submitting my materials.

The on-site interview was excellent, and left a great impression on me. I had a full-day on-site interview preceded by a dinner with the hiring managers the night before. The morning of the interview consisted of a meet & greet period in the communal kitchen, followed by my research presentation to a contingent of researchers and technicians. I had 3 rounds of small group (2-3 people) interviews (situational-based questions), including a tour of the research facilities with the hiring managers. The research group also came together to share lunch, general discussion, and berry tasting during the noon hour. The interview wrapped up with a debriefing & tour of the corporate offices by one of the recruiters.

I was contacted about 2 weeks later to be informed I was going to be offered the position. The written offer was presented that week, which I was excited to accept!

Category Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Olathe, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview that lasted about one hour.
    Was then invited for interview with office.
    1 on 1 Interview with head manager that you will be working under.
    Then round table interview and meet with the entire office.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you with Excel   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA).

Interview

I met two different people one was the recruiter the other was a manger both interviews went smooth. Manage who interviewed me was very laid back therefore she asked very simple questions. Company motto is family so be yourself they want to make sure you fit their family environment.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Driscoll’s in February 2015.

Interview

Questions were generally about one's skills and one's passion about the job. If you are knowledgeable and passionate, the interview itself should not be extraordinarily difficult. Many of the questions asked were questions that are commonly asked in many interviews. Expect a mix of "describe your skill set and projects" and "tell me about yourself" type questions.

Research Scientist to BE Based In Mexico Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The Interview was for a research scientist position to be based in Mexico but advertised internationally. The entire process took about 4 months, extremely slow, mostly due to what seemed to be delays in communication between HR in Mexico and HR in Watsonville. Also seemed that no decision making could be done in Mexico without a prior approval from the HQ in California. After a number of phone conversations and a face-to-face interview in Mexico, a number of interviews/conversations were conducted for an entire day in California. About two weeks later a job offer was given, which offered significantly lower compensation package in comparison with what was held at the current position. It has to be mentioned also that Driscoll's HR knew about the compensation package at the current employer but still preceded with the numerous interviews, a trip within Mexico, a trip to California and at the end still offered a lower salary/benefit package, something that is somehow illogical and difficult to comprehend (waste of time/resources!). A revised compensation package was offered within approximately 10 days and it was still not very attractive and was declined again. A week after a call was made from Mexico HR saying that the company would not offer a better package and this was the end of the process.

Regarding the company itself, people seemed very nice, welcoming and hospitable and the interview questions were mostly related to the job. However, by talking to different scientists some frustration related to the internal politics was noticeable although nobody went too much into the details.

An advice to the management: if you would like to hire qualified and internationally competitive scientists to work in Mexico, where the company seem to be expanding very fast, then the hiring process and the compensation packages need to be reviewed and upgraded significantly; otherwise, the company seems not to be able to compete well on the job market and also the company develops a somehow “cheap” image making it unattractive to work at. This hurts the company, of course. In conclusion, I would have to say that I would not recommend scientists to apply to work at this organization since the company currently seems to be a little chaotic, disorganized and heavily bureaucratized, at least in Mexico.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to specific skills and the experience.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Driscoll’s.

Interview

Initial communication was pleasant and easy, the recruiter was very helpful about setting up a time to conduct the interview. The interview itself was ok. Reasonable questions asked by the interviewers and it was clear they wanted to know about the candidates knowledge in marketing/market analysis. In the end my experience in that area was not enough to be hired but I still found the interview to be fair and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was responding about my knowledge of marketing since I have had limited exposure to marketing.   Answer Question

Plant Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Driscoll’s in April 2014.

Interview

Nothing special or too difficult. Basic phone screening questions.Phone screening was successful. I was applying to the position out-of-state, so if you are an potential candidate applying for a position out-of-state, please be sure to tell them why you are interested in moving, and when you are able to start.