DriveTime Automotive Group Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Associate Director Interview Questions

Interviews at DriveTime Automotive Group

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter on Wednesday. The brief phone interview went very well. She commented several times what a good match my experience and skill set were to the open position. I had a Skype interview on Friday morning of the same week. He was friendly and asked several questions revolving around my experience, work history, how many people is supervised, direct reports, etc. The interview was about 45 minutes. There was a time for me, at the end of the interview, to ask questions as well. I asked about turnover, why the position was open, career path, and a day in the life of. He specially stated that I had the experience in management and people development they were seeking, and totally understood why the recruiter had forwarded my information. I asked what next steps were --- he said he'd get with the recruiter, compare notes, and get back to me with a day or so. It's been about 16 days and nothing. I even e-mailed the recruiter and asked for an update but only got unprofessional silence. The position sounded like an excellent match and I was excited to move forward. I have over 20 years of management including 15 years of multi-unit leadership, an MA and BA in business.

In the end, no one has e-mailed or contacted me regarding this position. I truly believe it was an age issue - I'm 50 and the person I interviewed with was early 30's at best. That's probably the reason for Skype in the first place --- check the candidates age and then move on if they aren't young enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history?
    How many direct reports did your supervise?
    Tell me how you recruit people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was handled through Skype and face to face. The questions were not very hard nor were they very pointed. You will interview with EVERY manager in the organization it seems from the CEO down. They will put you through a grueling 7 hour interview process in Phoenix if you make it that far. I found it strange that the CEO asked me about my stance on gun control and racism in the United States, then I got a phone call a couple of days later asking about how I handled conflict in the workplace. The following day I was told I didn't get the job. Discriminate much against veterans?

Interview Questions

• What is your stance on gun control?   1 Answer