DriveTime Automotive Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

There were many interviews. The process does not matter if you are internal or external. You will get to talk to many levels of senior management. The longer they keep you, the more likely you are to get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked for specific evidence of my existing portfolio.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I was impressed with the quickness of the whole process, which reflects the company culture of DriveTime. My interview process was concluded in 8 calendar days. I had 3 rounds of interview. First telephonic, second Skype interview and finally an onsite interview.

Telephonic round was relatively casual. It's duration was 16 minutes. It was more like a conversation. They were mainly interested in seeing how I would articulate my background on a very high level. Skype interview was a little intense. The questions were mostly related to Agile Scrum and my past experiences. Also, I was asked some basic SQL questions. The duration was around 1 hour. The interview process culminated with a grilling and long final round interview which lasted for 2 and a half hours. That's right! 7 people spoke to me, 2 at a time. Although the interview was long, it was not as intense as the skype round. Questions revolved around what I know about the company, the industry, Agile Methodologies, my education, the past projects I worked on, and my future aspirations, how I am a good fit for the company and so on.

Interview Questions

• None (if you cover all the preparation points as per the job description).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was already offered a good starting salary for the location--Phoenix, AZ. Nonetheless I still negotiated albeit without much success.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

Quick phone interview then an in-person interview with two senior staff members – they asked great questions, and gave great information. The atmosphere was relaxed and no cheesy questions were asked. The IT Department seems to be well run with lots of forward thinkers. The overview of the position and the company, fell right in line with what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unstructured atmosphere?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

After a person from HR contacted me to set up an interview, I had a phone screen with a Business Analyst that lasted about an hour. He asked me about my experience working on projects at other jobs, Agile, and how I handled different situations. Two days later, HR called me to set up an in-person interview the following week with multiple people. She said they get who is available so couldn't give me names ahead of time.
       The following week I met with the same BA I had spoken to over the phone plus a Project Manager in a conference room. The PM asked me to go over my background since she hadn't spoken to me before, then got into specific questions on projects, as well as things to see if I'd fit into their culture, like how I best like to communicate. The interview lasted a little under an hour. As the HR person led me out, she said I would be contacted in two days with the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred method of communication?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

DT uses different people randomly to gauge how you will fit inside the company. It's more a personality than qualifications that they are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I had to proceed through no less than 6 interviews before finally receiving an offer. Everyone was very welcoming though and their excitement about working there was honestly quite infectious. Still, the sheer number of meetings prior to their decisions (which is mostly based on culture-fit) drove my wife to ask "are they serious or just messing around"?

Interview Questions

• What are your major passions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I came in looking for an entry level job but was deemed over-qualified and offered a better one. Unfortunately that put me in a poor bargaining position with regard to salary since I already indicated I was willing to work for less.