DriveTime Automotive Group Collections Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DriveTime Automotive Group

1 Interview Review

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

An employee referral had my resume in front of a recruiter and in 1 day she called me. Had 1 interview with a recruiter and even though my specialty and bulk of experience isn't in collections (though I had been a collections manager before for about 2-3 years, my niche specialty is in underwriting). Since DriveTime had a severe need for collections representatives and managers, we pursued the conversation, and we were both very upfront about salary expectations and job path. Afterwards, I then had 2 Skype video teleconferencing interviews with upper management, who were very thorough in their knowledge of DriveTime and all it's subsidiaries. About a week later, since I'm currently living in a different state, they flew me to their location in Mesa, AZ for a face to face and site visit. Once there, I met 1 of the managers I Skyped with, and then met 2 other Managing Directors, toured the facility, shadowed a collections manager, had lunch with 3 other Managers during which we continued interviewing (informally through lunch). Everyone was so nice, and I thought the interviews went tremendously well. Then flew home....the next morning got a rejection email from a different HR recruiter than who I was speaking with the entire process and when I asked for critical feedback, no response, which I feel is totally unprofessional and up until that point this process was positive. Background: I'm new to the interview process (20 years removed actually), and since my current career is coming to an end via no choice of my own (private owner is retiring and closing business), I've been thrust into the world of the job hunt.

Interview Questions