DriveTime Automotive Group Internet Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Internet Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at DriveTime Automotive Group

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The first interview was with a brash man who took me in the middle of the sales floor. No privacy and everyone could hear our conversation. He asked me a bunch of stupid questions that made me feel more like I was being interrogated rather than in an interview. He asked the same questions over and over and then asked me to shadow a few phone calls which I did and liked the idea of the position. I then met with 2 other men in a small room and it felt more laid back and more like a conversation.
I did my research on the company did everything the recruiter told me to do.
Then they callled the next day and said I wasn't qualified. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had to have experience to do a job a monkey could do. I had plenty of customer service and telephone work.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Oct 7, 2015 – HR

We're very sorry to hear you didn't have a positive interview experience with DriveTime. Even if no offer is made, we want everyone that applies at DriveTime to have a positive and constructive... More

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the wrong address to the interview location (their old location), and after waiting 15 minutes at their old location I was finally told that it was a different location. I went to their old location and interviewed with two managers at first, while mid interview another manager walks in and seems preoccupied and uninterested. I felt from the minute I walked in that the decision on whether or not to hire me was already made. Yet they still had me sit through another 30 minutes of my day to listen to phone calls of another sales advisor. I had already driven all the way out there for the interview from the opposite side of town. Overall, from seeing the types of employees there and even hearing from the managers how mundane every day was I believe I dodged a bullet. My advice to anyone would be not to apply for this company. There are numerous companies with better leadership and more common sense infused in their policies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

DT has many job fairs and many people get hired on the spot.
    I was referred by a friend so my interview was very easy. The supervisor and department head interviewed me. It was more like a casual chat, we talked mostly about my adventures in South Africa (i had just gotten back when i interviewed)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

for the entry level positions, all salaries are set. every year the bonus structure gets reviewed