DriveTime Automotive Group Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2017

2.0

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Montgomery, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted my a recruiter about my resume on indeed. She asked basic questions and set me up with an in person interview. The interview process was very laid back. The manager seemed very quiet and easy going. I had an interview with the general manager and sales manager. I don't think they liked my laid back personality even though I was qualified for the job. They made it seem like I would be contacted soon by district manager; I received an email about 2 weeks later saying that they selected another candidate. Don't get your hopes up no matter what they say.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Phone interview,in person interview, Skype interview , takes the average two weeks drug screening that kind of deal. Be upbeat if you want the job they will train you and make you better sales person if you interested in that. Do have some experience swell a bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Career paths and training are a large part pf DriveTime's culture and we are happy to hear this was a positive take away for you during your interviewing process. Thanks for taking the time to review!... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

very easy process, they call you from Arizona and set you up with your local DriveTime GM and they set up a second interview with an AD or director then you know shortly after

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Glad to hear about your positive experience! Thanks for sharing.

Sale Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter without application. This interview was followed by an interview with the store GM I applied for after my conversation with the recruiter, and finally followed by a Skype interview with the regional director. After accepting the job I received a few steps to finalize my approval to start. Interview was great, personal, and almost all of my questions and concerns were addressed and answered without anything being withheld or hidden.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around getting to know myself, and my work ethics/ experience. Also informing about the culture of Drivetime vs. a traditional interview.   1 Answer

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Great to hear! Our goal is to connect with candidates and ensure that we're a good fit for you as well. We're happy you came on board.

Anonymous Employee in Temple Hills, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Temple Hills, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I got ans email in indeed and I followed through. I completed paperwork ans got a call back. I went to the dealship so I could do the interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're happy that you had an overall positive experience and that you accepted our offer. Welcome to DriveTime.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the wrong address to the interview location (their old location), and after waiting 15 minutes at their old location I was finally told that it was a different location. I went to their old location and interviewed with two managers at first, while mid interview another manager walks in and seems preoccupied and uninterested. I felt from the minute I walked in that the decision on whether or not to hire me was already made. Yet they still had me sit through another 30 minutes of my day to listen to phone calls of another sales advisor. I had already driven all the way out there for the interview from the opposite side of town. Overall, from seeing the types of employees there and even hearing from the managers how mundane every day was I believe I dodged a bullet. My advice to anyone would be not to apply for this company. There are numerous companies with better leadership and more common sense infused in their policies.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Easy interview. Recruiter contacted me and went to two face-to-face interviews. First interview was with manager and second interview was with the director of sales. Very easy process and basic interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Oct 7, 2015 – HR

Welcome to DriveTime! We're glad to hear your interview process went well. Our Sales Advisors are the front line of our organization and we hope your onboarding continues to be a positive experience.... More

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The first interview was with a brash man who took me in the middle of the sales floor. No privacy and everyone could hear our conversation. He asked me a bunch of stupid questions that made me feel more like I was being interrogated rather than in an interview. He asked the same questions over and over and then asked me to shadow a few phone calls which I did and liked the idea of the position. I then met with 2 other men in a small room and it felt more laid back and more like a conversation.
    I did my research on the company did everything the recruiter told me to do.
    Then they callled the next day and said I wasn't qualified. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had to have experience to do a job a monkey could do. I had plenty of customer service and telephone work.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Oct 7, 2015 – HR

We're very sorry to hear you didn't have a positive interview experience with DriveTime. Even if no offer is made, we want everyone that applies at DriveTime to have a positive and constructive... More

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. 1on1 interview with manager
    3. 1on1 with regional manager
    4. Job offer
    5. Background and drug test

Entire process takes 2 weeks. Be energetic and have a updated resume with you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None... Salary is set across the board.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Orlando, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very fast. Very professional. They call me in a very short amount of time since they received my online application. It was a very easy interview. Then they set up another interview. Great company. Great opportunities. Very pleased with Glassdoor. They gave me the info I needed.