DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.3

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2010.

Interview

I met with the Regional Mgr and the Regional HR Mgr in Charlotte, NC. HR Mgr is a woman who has been with the co. 6 mos and has no sales/auto background and it shows. Why she was even there I have no idea except that the Reg. Mgr is so inept he needed help. Regional Mgr was poorly dressed, (they both were) very unprofessional and absolutely clueless as to how to conduct an interview. I met them at a DT store, what a dump. They seemed irritated at my past high income and spent most of the time asking me questions that were specific to their company policy, which I would have no real way of answering.
    They spoke very poorly of their customers and the Reg. Mgr used profanity in the interview. Ignorant, amatuerish and low class. I never even got a call back on their decision and I was referred by a current employee. I would have declined any offer regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would stop you from leaving if you were offered a higher paying position in a different industry.   2 Answers
    • Asked by Reg. Mgr -What would you say if I told you I don't give a sh*t about budget?   2 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two interviews one on phone and other was face to face with manager both were great until I got third interview on phone with not really sure who this guy was but he was a real insensitive person and drilled script questions all has none to do with experience or qualifications very unprofessional and unrealistic

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied directly to company email address

Recruiter reached out and screened my background and interest.

First face to face interview was with the Recruiting Manager and Recruiting Director. Very friendly and conversational. High level conversation to make sure you are a culture fit and have an applicable background

Sat with the Recruiting trainer to shadow there process and way of doing business.

Second interview was with the Human Resources Director. Very friendly and conversational also wanted to learn more about my career growth and background. Made an offer on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two gentleman who had us sitting in a private conference room separated from the rest of the floor. I was asked several questions by each of these gentleman and then taken to the floor. I was set up with a senior loan advisor, given a headset and was allowed to listen in to this employee take calls for 30-45 min. This was done so I could get introduced to the type of calls I would be taking and tone used to handle calls on delinquent accounts. I was then taken back to the room where the two gentleman and I were then joined by a third man; the hiring manager for the department. I was asked several more questions and then offered the job. I was ecstatic to find out the same say as the interview!

Interview Questions

• What are you most looking for when choosing your next employer?   1 Answer

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The first interview was with a brash man who took me in the middle of the sales floor. No privacy and everyone could hear our conversation. He asked me a bunch of stupid questions that made me feel more like I was being interrogated rather than in an interview. He asked the same questions over and over and then asked me to shadow a few phone calls which I did and liked the idea of the position. I then met with 2 other men in a small room and it felt more laid back and more like a conversation.
    I did my research on the company did everything the recruiter told me to do.
    Then they callled the next day and said I wasn't qualified. I'm sorry I didn't realize that you had to have experience to do a job a monkey could do. I had plenty of customer service and telephone work.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Oct 7, 2015 – HR

We're very sorry to hear you didn't have a positive interview experience with DriveTime. Even if no offer is made, we want everyone that applies at DriveTime to have a positive and constructive ... More

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. In person interview with 3 managers at the same time. Then off to the next room for another interview with 2 more managers. I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume to recruiter. Interview was set up a few days later. Was told to dress in business casual and that I would likely meet 5-8 people but they could not really tell me who for sure ahead of time. Arrived 15 min early as is custom. Made me wait at least 15-20 before bringing me back and it wasn't even the person who was supposed to I found out. Started right off the bat asking why I want to leave current employer, what don't I like about my current position. What are my weaknesses, strengths, what was in my last performance review. Does title mean everything to you. Lots of questions not really pertaining to any actual work experience and zero situational questions. 3 rounds of two people for 2 hrs when was only supposed to be 90 min. Gave brain teasers basically just to "show" they are smarter than you. The most negative interview I have ever done. To say the least I didn't make the 2nd round yet kept me over time and would have brought more ppl if they could. Heard denial by end of the day.

Interview Questions

• If you could give a 360 review of your current manager what would you say? Why are you looking to leave? Please explain your exits from past jobs. If your current job gave you a counter would you stay?   Answer Question

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter on career builder they scheduled a interview. I went to their campus in east Mesa and interviewed. I received a dry email stating that they have elected to go with another candidate. They are big on office culture. the question they asked me were about my knowledge of fdcpa cfpb and state specific laws.

Interview Questions

• Being that you just completed school in a unrelated field why are you going back into collections.   1 Answer

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stone Mountain, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Several interviews!
    I think I had 4 in one week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were difficult. I just had a extremely difficult time reading my interviewer. I had no idea if I had the job after a total of 4 interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating. I wish I would have. That was an eventful positon to say the least.