DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.3

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

After scheduling my interview with the recruiter, I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early. I checked in with receptionist and sat in the waiting area for 40 minutes. The girl who finally came and got me said she had to send some emails and apologized for being late, although I saw her talking with her coworkers for a good 15 minutes. As I toured the office, no one was dressed professionally. People were dressed in work out attire and casual attire. I was led to a random round table in the office where I was being interviewed by 4 employees. The interview was probably the worst 45 minutes of my life. These people were disrespectful and were more focused on going to there company outing than interviewing me. One of my interviewers asked why I thought I was qualified to be their intern if I had no experience in internal audit or with their company. The same interviewer also was disrespectful and made fun of some of my answers. After the interview, I was so excited to leave their office. I knew before leaving that this was not a company I would ever want to work for and that I would not get an offer. Safe to say, DriveTime was the worst company I have ever interviewed with.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a call for a phone interview maybe two weeks after I applied online, it was easy no hard questions then we set up a date for a face to face interview at my local Drivetime. Interview started at maybe 11:05 and was short maybe about 5 mins. The interview was very easy no hard questions at all he just wanted to know about experience and he seemed really passionate about who he wanted to hire which was cool with me. After the interview he said I should hear back in about a week after drug testing background check and DMV check. No call back yet.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially I spoke with a recruiter multiple times before I took some time to schedule an interview. Prior to the interview, the recruiter asked me research the company and that's when I really found out what this company does. Buying used cars, marking them up by 40%, and financing them at rates as high as 29% just seemed unappealing to me. However, I never turn down an interview, fully employed or not. In the interview I made a point to try to get the three employees interviewing me talking. One of them joked about failing cars, selling them at auction, then repurchasing them at auction, passing them, and selling them to customers in good condition. I just pretended that it didn't bother me that they found this funny. Later I asked them if prospective employees should be concerned with the fact that the owner of the company is a felon, as they would probably be expected to pass a background check. They just told me that the owner owned other companies too. Not completely unexpectedly, I was sent an email two days later that I was not being offered a position with DriveTime. I, however, will live as there are some things I will not do for money.

Interview Questions

• All their interview questions were generic. None of the interviewers were trained in methods of interviewing.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews with about 10 different employees of varying degrees of seniority. It's easy to forget who you are talking with! Everyone is very open and welcoming, but you have to repeat your story several times. Definitely more of a conversational interview. While they are looking for the skills required to do the job, by the time you get to the actual interview they are looking for a cultural fit.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

Easy process that starts online and a few over the phone interviews (including Skype), 2-3 face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• No comment in questions, you should be prepared for any question job related and personal questions.   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Phone interview,in person interview, Skype interview , takes the average two weeks drug screening that kind of deal. Be upbeat if you want the job they will train you and make you better sales person if you interested in that. Do have some experience swell a bachelors degree.

Customer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email and expressed interested. We had a fantastic phone interview, and I scheduled a sit down interview the same week. I arrived to the location right on time, and waited 15 minutes for the manager of the department to come out. He seemed nice enough, gave me a brief tour of the facility then we interviewed. We discussed some prior employment, and some standard things such as what I enjoy doing in my free time. He seemed arrogant, but the interview went fine and we connected on a few things. Then I sat with a sales specialist, and listened to a few of his calls, which I felt I could've handled better. After that two other managers came and lead me to a conference room for another round of questioning. They had great questions pertaining to past employer, and I felt it went well. They seemed receptive, and told me they'd be in touch, which was over a month ago with no response. I even reached out to the recruiter and got no response. I feel I was qualified for this position and would've been a real asset to this company. But after taking time out of my day, and driving over 40 miles round trip, I feel this company lacks professionalism to not even email a letter of rejection if they weren't interested.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Internal transfer, got to meet directly with directors. Also, got to sit with team. Personality fit is a very important good team dynamic. Was made offer on the spot total interview time about 3 hours; internal transfer. External candidates, primary concern is ability to self-manage yourself, understand culture and work well in a constant changing environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about feedback?   1 Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screen was great! Recruiter asked questions that pertained to role. Recruiter was very informative and knowledgable about the company. Wish I could of did my interview with the recruiter I talked to over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What would your previous employer say are you strengths, areas of opportunities?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

very easy process, they call you from Arizona and set you up with your local DriveTime GM and they set up a second interview with an AD or director then you know shortly after