DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

very easy process, they call you from Arizona and set you up with your local DriveTime GM and they set up a second interview with an AD or director then you know shortly after

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Glad to hear about your positive experience! Thanks for sharing.

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screen was great! Recruiter asked questions that pertained to role. Recruiter was very informative and knowledgable about the company. Wish I could of did my interview with the recruiter I talked to over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What would your previous employer say are you strengths, areas of opportunities?   1 Answer

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for your review and we are glad you had a good experience during the screening process.

Customer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via email and expressed interested. We had a fantastic phone interview, and I scheduled a sit down interview the same week. I arrived to the location right on time, and waited 15 minutes for the manager of the department to come out. He seemed nice enough, gave me a brief tour of the facility then we interviewed. We discussed some prior employment, and some standard things such as what I enjoy doing in my free time. He seemed arrogant, but the interview went fine and we connected on a few things. Then I sat with a sales specialist, and listened to a few of his calls, which I felt I could've handled better. After that two other managers came and lead me to a conference room for another round of questioning. They had great questions pertaining to past employer, and I felt it went well. They seemed receptive, and told me they'd be in touch, which was over a month ago with no response. I even reached out to the recruiter and got no response. I feel I was qualified for this position and would've been a real asset to this company. But after taking time out of my day, and driving over 40 miles round trip, I feel this company lacks professionalism to not even email a letter of rejection if they weren't interested.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two interviews one on phone and other was face to face with manager both were great until I got third interview on phone with not really sure who this guy was but he was a real insensitive person and drilled script questions all has none to do with experience or qualifications very unprofessional and unrealistic

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Corporate recruiter was very professional. I had a phone interview followed by a Skype interview. My third interview was with a Director who belittled me, tossed my resume in air and was looking off into space. Avoid this company at all costs!! In my 22 year career I had never ever experienced anything like this. I kept thinking it was a joke. My advice clean up your credit and do business at a real car dealership. The lit was filthy, cars dirty and the one car I had inquired to see was a Mercedes out on demo with the Manager. This gentleman was the poorest representation of your company possible. Remember a potential candidate can lead to potential customers. Never ever would I recommend this company to anyone seeking a job opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked standard behavioral questions. So called Director threw my resume up in air and said I'm going to let you talk. I don't ask questions. It was 4:00pm on a Friday. Either he was in a hurry to get to dinner or he is seriously a miserable human being.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Bakersfield, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It started out with a hiring representative of DriveTime contacting me saying he found my resume on the internet and that he believed I would be a good fit for the company. This progressed into him setting me up with an 1:1 interview with the manager of the new facility that will be opening. This went well, informed me of the company and how the job would work. He continued to ask me about my previous work experience and how it would apply to this job. After this part I was told they would contact me within the next day, which they did. Then they set me set up for a FaceTime interview with the next hire up, which seemed good. However, this is where the professionalism of the company started to severely decline. My meeting was at 1pm and by the time 1:20 rolled around I had yet to receive my FaceTime request, so I proceeded to call the hiring representative and then informed me that I would be contacted shortly. Thirty minutes later I get a standard phone call from the hire up informing me he was in a meeting (this is understandable except for the fact that they have my contact information and could have told me sooner that this was the case). Additionally, this conversation took place with him driving and having frequent dropped calls that resulted in us both trying to connect back to each other. I still go along with the job but with a lot less enthusiasm that I once had. I do the drug test and fill out background paperwork to keep the process going. About a week goes by and I happen to be out of town with no cell reception/internet and when I get back I have an email saying my job offer has been rescinded because they could not get into contact with me. I had a voicemail from them from the day before the email was sent. This was quite funny to me.

Adding to all of that it was quite comical to me that the pay is offered as salary and then informed it is hourly during the first interview. Which is fine because you actually can make more money with overtime. ONE MAJOR flaw is that they lower your hourly pay during the busy season (i.e. tax season) because they don't want to pay excess amounts for your work.

I have worked for a very large company before this and in no way were situations handle like this.

Interview Questions

• How my previous job would be applicable to this?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Phone interview, then 3 stage interview. First with managers, then with director. Then sat next to agents to observe. Drug and background test took about 4-5 days. Was informed about position a few days later.

Associate Director Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

The interview process was awesome at the very beginning. Then it was stretched out to several interviews which I didn't find inappropriate given the level of the role that was offered. But then once the interview process was finished I was offered a lower role and asked to interview again while not taking into account my schedule. I see this trend a lot in the corporate world. Shouldn't waste people's time on interviewing them if you aren't going to consider them for the role you brought them in to interview for, it sends mixed messages...either they are qualified for the role or they are not.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Quick turn around in response to resume initially, but it was via phone. No email or phone numbers given to follow up on the application, so the process dropped off into the ether. Pretty standard.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter on Wednesday. The brief phone interview went very well. She commented several times what a good match my experience and skill set were to the open position. I had a Skype interview on Friday morning of the same week. He was friendly and asked several questions revolving around my experience, work history, how many people is supervised, direct reports, etc. The interview was about 45 minutes. There was a time for me, at the end of the interview, to ask questions as well. I asked about turnover, why the position was open, career path, and a day in the life of. He specially stated that I had the experience in management and people development they were seeking, and totally understood why the recruiter had forwarded my information. I asked what next steps were --- he said he'd get with the recruiter, compare notes, and get back to me with a day or so. It's been about 16 days and nothing. I even e-mailed the recruiter and asked for an update but only got unprofessional silence. The position sounded like an excellent match and I was excited to move forward. I have over 20 years of management including 15 years of multi-unit leadership, an MA and BA in business.

In the end, no one has e-mailed or contacted me regarding this position. I truly believe it was an age issue - I'm 50 and the person I interviewed with was early 30's at best. That's probably the reason for Skype in the first place --- check the candidates age and then move on if they aren't young enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history?
      How many direct reports did your supervise?
      Tell me how you recruit people?
      Answer Question