DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Interviews at DriveTime Automotive Group

2.3

Operations Advisor Interview

Interview

It was very easy. More conversation than an actual interview. Just basically wanted to know if I could do the job. I didn't actually apply for the job, I was recruited by HR.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked about reception experience (Do I have phone experience? Can I direct customers to the right Sales Advisor or Manager?)
    Asked about several things on my resume (Out of class activities, major and minor experiences)
    Wanted to know about my college experience (Asked about major, Why did I choose this major? What within this major will make me a great part of DriveTime?)
    Talked to the others managers (Talked about their experiences within DriveTime: how they got the job, how they moved up in their position)

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I had a phone interview first. The next I received a call back for an in person interview and was hired on the spot. The recruiter was great and prepped me well for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent

We're happy to hear you had a positive experience! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the team!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair so they called me for an interview. It was with 3 employees from different departments. It took place at there headquarters in Tempe.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up an interview. However, I wasn't able to answer and had to return the call until the next day. I wanted to have the interview during the current week but the only time available was a few hours later on the same day I returned the call.

I spoke with three current employees over the phone. They asked me behavioral questions as well as personal questions. The interviewers seemed relaxed throughout the whole interview and they kept telling me about the incredible company culture. So it was easy to get in the groove of the interview process.

Internet Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

The first guy asked me a few basic questions then wanted me to ask questions. I interviewed him more than he interviewed me. After that I sat with an agent for maybe 15 minutes listening to his calls. After that a completely different manager came and got me, we sat down and he asked if I had any questions. That was it the 2nd manager had nothing to say. I turned this job down it looked horrible and the commission was a joke.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Talent

Answering candidate's questions are an important part of our in-person interviews however we are disappointed to hear that you felt the questions didn't go both ways. Thank you for taking some time... More

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Attended to an open job interview.Waited for approximately 15 minutes before being seated.Went over my resume and everything looks good.He explain the job description and how I can climb the ladder.Overall great interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stockbridge, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

From applying for the job to the actual interview was easy as 123! From the recruiters to the general manager, they are all amazing! They make you feel like you're a valued & appreciated employee even before you get the job! I have never had such an awesome initial job experience! GO DRIVETIME!!!!!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about my weaknesses as an employee & what I could improve on   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online over the weekend and was contacted by a recruiter the following Tuesday. We set an interview for the next day. The phone screen was relatively brief compared to others I've done but that may have been due to the fact I was coming from a very similar job. The in-person portion was very relaxed and comfortable. Much more of a conversation than a question/answer session. It felt very real and made the company even more appealing. Both interviewers were extremely personable. The process from beginning to the job offer was about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• There were very few actual questions. "What do you like most and least about your current position?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid of your experience. They seemed to appreciate the straight forward approach to the compensation discussion. I said, "I understand the position pays $xx. I currently make $xx. What do you think is fair?" And so on.

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Started the application process by going online and completing form. I was promptly contacted for a face to face interview. The job requirements and company benefits were explained in detail. Management then gave a tour of the facility. From the beginning I was made to feel that if hired I would become a part of the family.

Interview Questions

• What types of computer software was I familiar with.   1 Answer

See What DriveTime Automotive Group Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Senior Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

Pros: “Benefits Culture Low Stress The benefits and culture are outstanding. The people (mostly) are pretty cool and end up being friends outside of work. For a sales job, it's pretty...”“Benefits Culture Low Stress The benefits and culture are outstanding. The people (mostly) are pretty cool and end up being friends outside of work. For a sales job, it's pretty low stress since it's mostly just going for the sale rather than worry about up selling and adding products. But unfortunately, this is a bit of a con, b/c you're not being paid if you happen to do well on up selling or adding the additional products and rather you get written up or being verbally warned that you are not selling these products.” – Full Review