DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.3

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Quick turn around in response to resume initially, but it was via phone. No email or phone numbers given to follow up on the application, so the process dropped off into the ether. Pretty standard.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter on Wednesday. The brief phone interview went very well. She commented several times what a good match my experience and skill set were to the open position. I had a Skype interview on Friday morning of the same week. He was friendly and asked several questions revolving around my experience, work history, how many people is supervised, direct reports, etc. The interview was about 45 minutes. There was a time for me, at the end of the interview, to ask questions as well. I asked about turnover, why the position was open, career path, and a day in the life of. He specially stated that I had the experience in management and people development they were seeking, and totally understood why the recruiter had forwarded my information. I asked what next steps were --- he said he'd get with the recruiter, compare notes, and get back to me with a day or so. It's been about 16 days and nothing. I even e-mailed the recruiter and asked for an update but only got unprofessional silence. The position sounded like an excellent match and I was excited to move forward. I have over 20 years of management including 15 years of multi-unit leadership, an MA and BA in business.

In the end, no one has e-mailed or contacted me regarding this position. I truly believe it was an age issue - I'm 50 and the person I interviewed with was early 30's at best. That's probably the reason for Skype in the first place --- check the candidates age and then move on if they aren't young enough.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history?
      How many direct reports did your supervise?
      Tell me how you recruit people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I got to the interview 10 minutes early. The interviewer didn't come out until 20 minutes AFTER my appointment time. The receptionist had to call him and he was still late after that. When he did come out, he looked at my paperwork and continued talking to the receptionist for another two minutes. We went into a room and briefly discussed my history and did I have a hard time finding the place. The interview was shorter than I actually wated for him in the lobby. I was told the recruiter would be calling me within 48 hours either way, to let me know. I sent a thank you email to the recruiter after the interview and it's been about 10 days and STILL haven't been told whether I got the job or not. (Obviously not). I'm pretty disappointed considering THEY found ME. At least let a person know if they did or didn't get the job. I have never had the experience in an interview of leaving and feeling like I wasted my time completely. I would not have accepted the job anyways, after THAT interview, I can only imagine how he manages.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're sorry to hear you had a poor experience and appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide our candidates a great interview process and are always looking for ways to improve.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was handled through Skype and face to face. The questions were not very hard nor were they very pointed. You will interview with EVERY manager in the organization it seems from the CEO down. They will put you through a grueling 7 hour interview process in Phoenix if you make it that far. I found it strange that the CEO asked me about my stance on gun control and racism in the United States, then I got a phone call a couple of days later asking about how I handled conflict in the workplace. The following day I was told I didn't get the job. Discriminate much against veterans?

Interview Questions

• What is your stance on gun control?   1 Answer

Collections Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

An employee referral had my resume in front of a recruiter and in 1 day she called me. Had 1 interview with a recruiter and even though my specialty and bulk of experience isn't in collections (though I had been a collections manager before for about 2-3 years, my niche specialty is in underwriting). Since DriveTime had a severe need for collections representatives and managers, we pursued the conversation, and we were both very upfront about salary expectations and job path. Afterwards, I then had 2 Skype video teleconferencing interviews with upper management, who were very thorough in their knowledge of DriveTime and all it's subsidiaries. About a week later, since I'm currently living in a different state, they flew me to their location in Mesa, AZ for a face to face and site visit. Once there, I met 1 of the managers I Skyped with, and then met 2 other Managing Directors, toured the facility, shadowed a collections manager, had lunch with 3 other Managers during which we continued interviewing (informally through lunch). Everyone was so nice, and I thought the interviews went tremendously well. Then flew home....the next morning got a rejection email from a different HR recruiter than who I was speaking with the entire process and when I asked for critical feedback, no response, which I feel is totally unprofessional and up until that point this process was positive. Background: I'm new to the interview process (20 years removed actually), and since my current career is coming to an end via no choice of my own (private owner is retiring and closing business), I've been thrust into the world of the job hunt.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two gentleman who had us sitting in a private conference room separated from the rest of the floor. I was asked several questions by each of these gentleman and then taken to the floor. I was set up with a senior loan advisor, given a headset and was allowed to listen in to this employee take calls for 30-45 min. This was done so I could get introduced to the type of calls I would be taking and tone used to handle calls on delinquent accounts. I was then taken back to the room where the two gentleman and I were then joined by a third man; the hiring manager for the department. I was asked several more questions and then offered the job. I was ecstatic to find out the same say as the interview!

Interview Questions

• What are you most looking for when choosing your next employer?   1 Answer

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're happy to hear you enjoyed the interview and came on board. Thanks for the feedback.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in August 2016.

Interview

I did not have to wait long after applying for this position online. The interviewer was friendly and gave instant feedback. The focus areas were around financial modeling and you are expected to be familiar with regression, time series and other modeling techniques.

Interview Questions

• What does the term 'Financial Planning and Analysis" (FP&A) mean?   Answer Question
    • Can you give examples of financial models you used at your earlier company?   Answer Question
    • Apart from Excel, Access and SQL, how familiar are you with Tableau, SPSS and SAS?   Answer Question

Sale Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Orlando, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter without application. This interview was followed by an interview with the store GM I applied for after my conversation with the recruiter, and finally followed by a Skype interview with the regional director. After accepting the job I received a few steps to finalize my approval to start. Interview was great, personal, and almost all of my questions and concerns were addressed and answered without anything being withheld or hidden.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around getting to know myself, and my work ethics/ experience. Also informing about the culture of Drivetime vs. a traditional interview.   1 Answer

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Great to hear! Our goal is to connect with candidates and ensure that we're a good fit for you as well. We're happy you came on board.

Lease Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Very relaxed. Maybe 1-2 tell me about a time questions. No paper was written on by the interviewer. It was very conversational and unlike other interviews, which I actually liked. The interviewer seemed to be analyzing my character for an overall fit in the Drivetime cuture, which was refreshing.

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

interviewed with two people very simple most managers are very unprofessionaland making the interview process a walk through the park. in all reality it feels like you're being interviewed buy a high school student very practical.

Interview Questions

• basic interview questions all routine feels like management just reads from a script   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none