DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.3

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in for the interview and was met by 2 people who began the process. They reviewed my resume and asked a few questions about my background. A lot of the focus was on the company and what to expect as an employee. They gave a general description of the position and the roll it plays in the overall scheme of things. When the first 2 were done, they asked if I had time to meet with 2 more people, which I did. The next pair came in and repeated the first process. I ended up doing this with 4 different sets of 2. At the end, they thanked me for coming and said they would let me know either way when a decision was made.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Automotive Repair Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was done by 2 people. If I were the CEO of this company the lead interviewer would have been fired on the spot or heavily reprimanded for his complete and utter incompetence. From the very moment I laid eyes on him it was obvious he was completely and totally distracted and uninterested in hearing what I had to say. His distraction was so obvious that it bordered on comedic. I almost asked him if I was inconveniencing him and that maybe we should reschedule the interview for another day when whatever had him so distracted had passed. All I can say is I have never experienced such complete and utter unprofessionalism as it pertains to an interviewer. Shame on you.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 13, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We're disappointed to hear you had a negative experience.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. They reached out to me and we had a phone interview. Was then set up for a Skype interview with the recruiter. They were very positive. A lot of specific questions on management style and a walk through job history. The recruiter asked questions about why i had left my previous jobs. Pretty standard stuff.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i had heard of them before and knew what they were.   Answer Question

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied directly to company email address

Recruiter reached out and screened my background and interest.

First face to face interview was with the Recruiting Manager and Recruiting Director. Very friendly and conversational. High level conversation to make sure you are a culture fit and have an applicable background

Sat with the Recruiting trainer to shadow there process and way of doing business.

Second interview was with the Human Resources Director. Very friendly and conversational also wanted to learn more about my career growth and background. Made an offer on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Quality Control Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Easy & laid back; lasted about 2 hrs. toured the facility and discussion back & forth. Don't apply if you're over 50 or 55 years old. They want young blood and don't think the more experienced person can handle the job. (subtle hints). Age discrimination, but not so obvious to pursue it further.

Interview Questions

• If you found the job too difficult and wanted to quit; how much notice would you provide us?   Answer Question

Finance & Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Don't interview with them unless you are comfortable them going behind your back and contacting your currently employer. Did not give them written or verbal consent to do so. I understand if you are made an offer then you have no choice, but if you are just interviewing, then that should be held in confidence to ensure your current employer does not retaliate.

Interview Questions

• Does your manager know you are here interviewing?   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stockbridge, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

From applying for the job to the actual interview was easy as 123! From the recruiters to the general manager, they are all amazing! They make you feel like you're a valued & appreciated employee even before you get the job! I have never had such an awesome initial job experience! GO DRIVETIME!!!!!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about my weaknesses as an employee & what I could improve on   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple Hills, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Temple Hills, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I got ans email in indeed and I followed through. I completed paperwork ans got a call back. I went to the dealship so I could do the interview with the GM.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Talent Support Specialist

We're happy that you had an overall positive experience and that you accepted our offer. Welcome to DriveTime.

General Manager(AMP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelsea, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Chelsea, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Once applying, you are contacted quickly by a recruiter. After the recruiter, I was told to take a day or two to decide if DriveTime and I were a good fit. Once I did, they moved me onto two other interviews via skype, immediately followed by my offer. Fun and painless !

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to make a career change ?   1 Answer

Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

I wasn't looking but was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. The recruiter was amazing at her job! She sold this company and the role to me in one fell swoop. Fortunately, I have someone in my life who had been a salesperson at Drive Time and assured me that their procedures were not as ethical as I would have liked, so I decided before the interview that I would decline the offer but completed the interview, regardless. The questions were very basic and it was clear to me that the position was new and the manager didn't quite know what to ask me or even say about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your five-year plan or long-term career goal?   1 Answer