DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DriveTime Automotive Group

2.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in January 2018.

Interview

About an hour, interviewers were very down to earth. Showed you around the office and then asked the typical experience questions such about data types, loops and functions. A little white board work but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• How would you search through a library of music based on certain criteria.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

After scheduling my interview with the recruiter, I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early. I checked in with receptionist and sat in the waiting area for 40 minutes. The girl who finally came and got me said she had to send some emails and apologized for being late, although I saw her talking with her coworkers for a good 15 minutes. As I toured the office, no one was dressed professionally. People were dressed in work out attire and casual attire. I was led to a random round table in the office where I was being interviewed by 4 employees. The interview was probably the worst 45 minutes of my life. These people were disrespectful and were more focused on going to there company outing than interviewing me. One of my interviewers asked why I thought I was qualified to be their intern if I had no experience in internal audit or with their company. The same interviewer also was disrespectful and made fun of some of my answers. After the interview, I was so excited to leave their office. I knew before leaving that this was not a company I would ever want to work for and that I would not get an offer. Safe to say, DriveTime was the worst company I have ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for the feedback. Although our Tempe Home Office has a casual interview style and environment, DriveTime absolutely values professionalism. We appreciate your feedback to allow us to... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Was reached out to by Internal Audit Manager. Had a 30-45 minute phone interview. Came in for an in-person interview. There they have all the internal audit department come in and ask you questions and answer any questions you have. Came back in for another in-person interview where they have people from other departments ask you questions. A lot of the questions are typical interview questions. The main things they look for is, do they like your personality, can you hold a conversation and do you have good critical thinking skills so make sure you show those off. All the interviews were super casual and laidback.

Interview Questions

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Nov 20, 2017 – Talent

Thank you for sharing! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience that reflected the company's culture.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted late Thur afternoon by an internal recruiter that I had a hard time understanding because of accent. Set up a phone screen for Friday afternoon with the VP of IT and their most senior admin/engineer. Call when well was asked to come in for in-person the following Monday. Was scheduled for a 2 hour meeting. got on site, talked with the VP for about 5 min, he was dressed in cargo shorts and a polo top. 2 senior admins came in and we talked for 50 minutes or so about all the different things they were doing, basically the position was "everything, and other duties as assigned". The network admin position is just a generic title as you'll be doing networking, windows/nix, virtualization, san, exchange, etc. They said they create a lot of side businesses to get every penny out of the sale of a car, so you have to always be ready to connect domains and spin up entire sites over the weekend. Those 2 left and had a 10min wait for 2 more lower level admins to come in and talk. talked with them for about 45min, both of them agreed that their input had 0% relevance to my being hired and didn't understand why they were there. That lasted for 45 min, they left and VP came back in. Said he would be in touch early the following week. Time for follow-up came and went, I sent and email asked for an update, about 1 and a half weeks later I heard back with standard turn down letter.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls can fit in a bus   2 Answers

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee in the same position. I participated in 2 phone interviews before flying to Phoenix for a panel interview. I interviewed 4 or 5 times over that day with members of different sectors of the company.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2014.

Interview

Very lax and I think their decision was made right when I walked in. 2 person interview and one always seemed distracted looking out the window waving to coworkers. I felt discouraged from the get go since the other interviewer gave the feel that they weren't interested in what I was saying

Interview Questions

• Explain you, if you prepared for this interview then tell us the one answer you planned knocking out of the park   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

I received a phone call 2-3 days after initially applying from a recruiter. Went in same day for an in person interview with the recruiter than was able to schedule an in person with DriveTime hiring managers a couple hours later. Went in and initially had an oral board interview followed by a one-on-one with two hiring managers. Standard personality, work history, strength/weakness questions.

I had been called in for the Underwriter position but the position they kept describing was collections. I brought this point up saying that I had applied to the underwriter position and I was told that collections was underwriting. I decided to keep going on with the interview to see where it went and they ended up making me an offer.

After declining the offer due to low pay, mediocre benefits that wouldn't kick in for 90 days and most importantly false advertising in regards to the job itself, I received a follow up email from the original recruiter. She asked if I would be interested in future openings in underwriting at DriveTime. I asked if they would be actual underwriting positions or how they would be different from the "underwriting" position that I had applied to and I never heard back from her.

Interview Questions

I declined because the actual job did not match the job description in the original job posting. Underwriting is not collections. Also the pay was lower than current job and benefits would not kick in for 90 days.

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied directly to company email address

Recruiter reached out and screened my background and interest.

First face to face interview was with the Recruiting Manager and Recruiting Director. Very friendly and conversational. High level conversation to make sure you are a culture fit and have an applicable background

Sat with the Recruiting trainer to shadow there process and way of doing business.

Second interview was with the Human Resources Director. Very friendly and conversational also wanted to learn more about my career growth and background. Made an offer on the spot and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Recruiter called you on the phone and did a quick screen. You spoke to the manager in person, then the director came in and interviewed you. Drug screen and background check followed.

Auto Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people. Easy questions. Seemed really pressed for help. Leaves me somewhat skeptical.

Negotiation

Threw out an hourly figure. They jumped all over it. Made wish I'd gone for more...