DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.3

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Attended to an open job interview.Waited for approximately 15 minutes before being seated.Went over my resume and everything looks good.He explain the job description and how I can climb the ladder.Overall great interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a quick walk around and tour of the building, very open so got to see most of everything. Sat in a room, waited a minute for 2 interviewers. Relaxed and friendly interview. Asked about job experience, what I did, how it went; the usual. No stupid theoretical questions.

Overall great experience

Interview Questions

• What was your role and experience at your previous job?   Answer Question

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Usually 3 face to face interview with 3 managers
    If you got accepted in the first they ask for the 2nd and so on, all done same day
    Usually very friendly managers just trying to know more about yourself and if you will be qualified for customers interaction and if you're stubborn or not and how will deal with customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself   1 Answer

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Feb 15, 2016 – HR

Welcome to DriveTime, we're excited to hear you had a great experience through the interview process.

Remarketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long, drawn out, and very unorganized. I had four phone interviews and one face to face before they flew me out to their corporate office. The recruiter had no clue as to what was going on in the process when I called her to follow up. She made me feel like I was the first person that she had ever recruited.She always "thought" that someone else had already called me to tell me the next step yet she was the recruiter. I called her to ask would there be transportation waiting for me at the airport to take me to their office once I got there and her response was, "I don't know, but that's a good question." I had FIVE Interviews just to be flown out to their corporate office in Phoenix, so I could receive a generic turn down letter that stated I wasn't a "Cultural Fit" for their company. What does that even mean? I was told I was qualified for the position, yet I wasn't a "Cultural Fit!" Honestly, I don't understand how I made it through Five Interviews and did well, and the moment they laid eyes on me I'm not a cultural fit for the organization. What's even more ironic is the person who would have been my boss had extremely less management experience than I did. My point in saying that was on paper I was qualified to do his job yet I wasn't hired for the advertised position.In retrospect, I'm glad I found out what a sorry company they were before a potential job offer was given to me. They were so unprofessional, that during my interview one of the directors found out I had worked at a previous job, and he pulled out his cell phone and called someone that he knew worked there during the same time period as me and proceeded to ask them in front of me if the knew me. They are very unorganized, very unprofessional, and seem to want someone who's skin is lighter than mine was.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions. Tell me about a time you have done this or experienced that. They of course were looking for specifics of what you have done and not what you would do.   Answer Question

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Feb 15, 2016 – HR

Yikes - this does sound like a subpar experience all around. On behalf of the organization, I apologize we didn't live up to your expectations. We try to make all interview experiences a positive and ... More

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a panel interview with several different people in the department that lasted about 2 hours totals. Everyone was very nice and professional and spoke highly about the company. The interview process really gave me an idea of the corporate culture. The organization as a whole seems to be a great place to work and the people who work there really believe in the company mission.

Interview Questions

• To describe a time when I had to deal with a difficult employee and what was the resolution.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Very positive interviewing experience. It starts with a phone screen and then most likely you will be moved forward to come into the office. Everyone i interviewed with was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable. If they like you, and don't see a fit in the position you originally came in for, they will continue to search for a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Spoke with the Recruiter twice. First call was a quick phone screen and then the second one had a few more in depth questions in regards to metrics etc. On the second interview I was scheduled for a Skype interview with the Director of Retail. Well...that's were is all went south. The Director of Retail missed the first interview. The recruiter called me and rescheduled for later in that week. Well...The Director of Retail missed that interview again. That was it for me. I sent them a email tell them of the unprofessionalism by this person and withdrew my application. I few days later I get a call from Drive Time wanting to discuss this situation. They miss scheduled interviews, but they have time to want to talk about it.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

about yourself, run through resume, got a tour of the office, met the different executives and was able to ask about all the different opportunities along with learning about the program. met the different executives and was able to ask about all the different opportunities along with learning about the program

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stone Mountain, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

(Round 1)

It was a really great experience. I arrived approx. 30 mins earlier than my scheduled interview @ 10 a.m. (I waited in my car and went inside 15 mins prior). I was greeted at the door by the GM who was very nice and professional. The office was clean and the staff was just beginning to arrive, people smiled and said "good morning". HUGE. Overall, the interview process took me about 2 hours. It may seem like a long time but it wasn't, it was a comfortable environment which made it easy to answer all questions truthfully and honest. (At this stage, it was important to give the GM a glimpse at who He'd really be hiring) I interviewed with 4 different people - (2) @ Management level and (2) Advisors, the one I would be working with as well as the one I would be replacing. It was great to learn that she had been promoted to a different department and she was very excited about the opportunity. I really liked that the GM left the room each time and gave me the opportunity to ask honest questions about the position to his staff.

(Round 2)

I received my 2nd interview (via telephone) from the Asst. Director of Sales earlier today. This interview was a little more intimidating the the in person/group interview. He asked me general questions about my background, Why I was transitioning into a new position after a long tenure w/ my previous employer, Why I chose Drive Time, What makes me a good candidate for the position etc. In wrapping up the interview, he advised me that he was very pleased with my interview and he offered me the position. He then attempted to contact the HR Recruiter to arrange the details. I accepted and then received email with drug screen location, background consent and tax information. I completed all tasks today and I am awaiting results so that I can start developing my career with DriveTime.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the wrong address to the interview location (their old location), and after waiting 15 minutes at their old location I was finally told that it was a different location. I went to their old location and interviewed with two managers at first, while mid interview another manager walks in and seems preoccupied and uninterested. I felt from the minute I walked in that the decision on whether or not to hire me was already made. Yet they still had me sit through another 30 minutes of my day to listen to phone calls of another sales advisor. I had already driven all the way out there for the interview from the opposite side of town. Overall, from seeing the types of employees there and even hearing from the managers how mundane every day was I believe I dodged a bullet. My advice to anyone would be not to apply for this company. There are numerous companies with better leadership and more common sense infused in their policies.