DriveTime Automotive Group Operations Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DriveTime Automotive Group Operations Advisor Interview Questions

1.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stone Mountain, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

(Round 1)

It was a really great experience. I arrived approx. 30 mins earlier than my scheduled interview @ 10 a.m. (I waited in my car and went inside 15 mins prior). I was greeted at the door by the GM who was very nice and professional. The office was clean and the staff was just beginning to arrive, people smiled and said "good morning". HUGE. Overall, the interview process took me about 2 hours. It may seem like a long time but it wasn't, it was a comfortable environment which made it easy to answer all questions truthfully and honest. (At this stage, it was important to give the GM a glimpse at who He'd really be hiring) I interviewed with 4 different people - (2) @ Management level and (2) Advisors, the one I would be working with as well as the one I would be replacing. It was great to learn that she had been promoted to a different department and she was very excited about the opportunity. I really liked that the GM left the room each time and gave me the opportunity to ask honest questions about the position to his staff.

(Round 2)

I received my 2nd interview (via telephone) from the Asst. Director of Sales earlier today. This interview was a little more intimidating the the in person/group interview. He asked me general questions about my background, Why I was transitioning into a new position after a long tenure w/ my previous employer, Why I chose Drive Time, What makes me a good candidate for the position etc. In wrapping up the interview, he advised me that he was very pleased with my interview and he offered me the position. He then attempted to contact the HR Recruiter to arrange the details. I accepted and then received email with drug screen location, background consent and tax information. I completed all tasks today and I am awaiting results so that I can start developing my career with DriveTime.

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Operations Advisor Interview

Interview

It was very easy. More conversation than an actual interview. Just basically wanted to know if I could do the job. I didn't actually apply for the job, I was recruited by HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by email by a recruiter who had found my resume on a job site. I replied back and said I was interested in pursuing the job. I spoke to him on the phone for about fifteen minutes and we set up an interview for a couple days later. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. I spoke one on one with a manager and toured the facility. The questions were very typical. Tell me about your degree, classes you took in college, your organizational skills, etc. Everything lasted almost 45 minutes. A day or two later the recruiter contacted me again and told me the managers spoke highly of me and we set up a second interview for the next day. The second interview was only about fifteen minutes, with the same man from the first time and his boss. They said it wasn't an actual interview and was more of a conversation to determine where I would be best. They behaved as if I would get the job and I left feeling very confident. A day or two passed by and I received an email telling me they were pursuing other candidates. It was very disappointing, seeing as how we had discussed the job as if they were going to extend an offer.

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter on phone after applying 2 days earlier online. Recruiter asked very basic background questions and only lasted about 10 minutes. I interviewed at the store a week later with the GM and Sales Manager. The interview wasn't formal at all and they were looking for someone with personality and professionalism. They also wanted to make sure I was comfortable with moving up and selling cars. Afterwards, I had a skype interview with a regional manager a few days later. This was not difficult at all. Again, the interview is laid back and I got asked standard interview questions. The process is very laid back and not stressful

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work for Drivetime?   1 Answer
    • Q: What motivates you to get up in the morning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked about reception experience (Do I have phone experience? Can I direct customers to the right Sales Advisor or Manager?)
    Asked about several things on my resume (Out of class activities, major and minor experiences)
    Wanted to know about my college experience (Asked about major, Why did I choose this major? What within this major will make me a great part of DriveTime?)
    Talked to the others managers (Talked about their experiences within DriveTime: how they got the job, how they moved up in their position)

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in August 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on CareerBuilder; after I spoke on the phone with my recruiter, she set me up with the General Manager at the dealership closest to me. I actually didn't get the position I was interviewing for (sales), but the GM and my recruiter worked together to find a position in the dealership for me to get me some more experience before I move to the sales floor. I have been in the Operations position since I started in August and I couldn't be happier. I am so glad that my GM didn't just tell me no, but wanted to find the best fit for me.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember much of the interview, but I do remember that it was only about 15 minutes and it was a pretty standard sales interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since I am new to the car sales industry, and it is more than I was making at my previous job.

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Make sure to not be truthful tell them what they want to hear and that's what you will be doing for the rest of your time there too

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2014.

Interview

Easy, basic process. No tough questions. Just asked about previous job experience. Discussed how I deal with customers. More of a conversation style interview. Interviewed with the regional manager and store manager in the same day. Met the team. Very easy interview.

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

Really easy interview. Went over the Resume for a little bit. Normal stuff. And then talked about what do I like to do for fun. Sports ect. Why am I unique.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Just normal go over your past jobs and resume questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Operations Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy for me at least. Just answer questions be honest and express your desire to work in this sort of field. Mostly just having good connection with hiring managers will guarantee a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this field?   1 Answer