Dropbox Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and submitted my resume to him. I then received a coding challenge by email to complete on hacker rank a week later.

Interview Questions

• 75 minute coding challenge on hacker rank.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through the Career Fair and asked to go through two rounds of an in-person coding interview. There were some questions about past work.

There were no difficult questions asked. I had no trouble answering and explaining my responses. I'm not sure what criteria they judged me on, to be honest. There were literally two search questions asked that I was told I had implemented correctly.

It could be that my projects were not up to par? I have no idea.

Interview Questions

• Basic Coding Questions were asked (think on the level of heaps and sorts and dijkastra's)   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in November 2016.

Interview

Gave them my resume at a career fair, where I talked to an engineer about my resume and what parts of the Dropbox stack I was interested in working on. Received a coding challenge email a week later. Completed challenge and got an email the next. Phone interview was scheduled for a couple days later. Beware that sometimes their scheduling emails go to spam in gmail!

Interview Questions

• See other reviews, there seems to be one standard question.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

You can apply online or give your resume directly to the recruiter. Then, you receive an invite to participate in an online coding challenge, and, if successful, you are invited to interview via phone and eventually on-site. Very technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tests basic coding questions, such as using data structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Whole process took around a week. During the phone interview, my interviewer asked me to code through an online code sharer. Was not a difficult problem, but I took too long on the implementation and did not have time for the second part. Oops. Overall, very helpful people. One person at the company gave me a lot of tips and encouraged me to come back next year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens followed by an onsite interview. Questions were typical software engineering interview questions. Everyone in the office was very nice and friendly but the interview questions were definitely challenging. It was easy to see that everyone in the office is very intelligent and passionate about their projects.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and also had an employee referral. The recruiter was enthusiastic and scheduled an phone screen quickly. There were 2 interviewers evaluating and they were both very friendly. They seemed very interested in the past projects I've done and we chatted for more than 10 minutes on them. Then we moved onto coding questions. Even though the bar was really high and I came up empty-handed, overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a scalable system that keep tracks of how many visitors had gone on the Dropbox website in the past hour.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter after submitting resume on Dropbox website, directing me to complete a coding challenge. I finished the challenge but did not have time to debug; I was notified a few days later that I didn't make the next stage. The challenge has an expiration time of a week, although they are flexible about making it on time.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge: develop interface for enrolling/unenrolling students in classes, checking that certain conditions are met (hackerrank).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Had an hour long phone interview with one of their engineers. Was asked a question about a specific experience on my resume, then moved into pair-coding on a shared text editor. The technical question took the majority of the time. Spent the last 5 or so minutes for questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiters were super friendly and always reachable to ask about anything. The first stage was a coding challenge (Folders and Cows), then one phone screen with a relatively easy DP problem and then a final round of three back-to-back interviews.

Interview Questions

• You have a path to a file and a pattern (both represented as strings). Write a function that returns true if the pattern is present in the file's contents, false if it isn't. Follow-up: scalability questions.   Answer Question
    • Assuming you have a function which, given a URI, scans a web page and returns a list of all the links you can visit from that page, build a web crawler that simply visits every page you can reach from an origin page. Follow-up: use concurrency.   Answer Question