Dropbox Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I applied through career fair and got an online coding challenge to complete. It was straightforward, but I made some mistakes. I think it was a fair problem and if you are well versed with data structures/search algorithms you'd be fine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox (New York, NY).

Interview

A phone tech interview with an engineer of Dropbox. I couldn't hear him very clearly. The coding question is not very difficult, but there are many follow-ups. I made some small mistakes, but he still said awesome. Several days later, I got rejected.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after getting my resume to schedule a phone interview. I didn't pass, but the recruiter and engineer I spoke with were friendly, prompt and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• How would you track hits for a web server. Implement methods to track a hit as well as once to return the hit count for the last 5 minutes. Once you had an implementation, they asked about run time and storage, and how to improve both.   Answer Question

Commercial Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Simple process. Easy interview but was asked to describe a current legal case I am following during last couple minutes of the interview. Interviewer made it clear she didn't like my depth of legal knowledge of the case. t's frustrating because there are no current legal cases focusing on the type of legal work one would be doing in this role (contracts). Didn't leave a good taste in my mouth the way the interviewer left the interview abruptly.

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Heard from recruiter the same week. Had initial phone screen with them, then spoke to someone on the team for 30 minutes. Pretty standard phone interview, nothing too out of the ordinary and seemed like a good fit. Followed up with recruiter after though and no response. Felt like I had been ghosted, considering it seemed fine before.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Got a coding challenge - was expecting an algorithms problem but got an unexpected file I/O problem instead. Couldn't complete the challenge in the allotted time. Didn't move onto the next round. I recommend practicing file I/O for this, rather than traditional algorithms.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens (standard product questions) and then 4 onsite interviews + lunch. Really great communication and quick scheduling, really friendly people. Fairly straightforward process -- got the offer a couple of days after onsites

Interview Questions

• they asked about a project i'd worked on and followed up (how did you work with people? how did you measure success?)   Answer Question

Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter conducted initial round an said all is good, we will schedule technical round next week. When checked in next week he gave really absurd answers, truly unprofessional behavior.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter on the phone about Dropbox's products and available positions. Then an online coding interview session. The question wasn't tricky - string matching with rolling hash. The interviewer could be a bit more helpful to enable the best thinking out of the candidate, but ultimately as a candidate I should be a lot more prepared in algorithms when it comes to recognized companies in the bay area.

Interview Questions

• String matching in a file. Knowledge of a rolling hash algorithm should be helpful.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Applied through school career fair, recruiter sent me hackerrank coding exercise - folders and cows, and then a tech phone call. call went okay, not the best performance from me, they want people that are really good

Interview Questions

• technical interview was about finding the next state given a grid   Answer Question