Dropbox Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Product Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

1.9

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward Product Analyst (PA) interview process. Overall process took ~1.5 months.

Process:
(1) Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. After speaking, decided to move to phone screen with current PA.
(2) Phone screen w/PA. Consisted of simple SQL check, ideate on metrics for a collaboration tool like Google Docs
(3) Take home: use data from a consumer tech company to suggest changes to the product UI. I used a regression to highlight which parts of the UI to change, which went over well. I could have done a better job prioritizing which UI changes to work on first/at all.
(4) Onsite consists of ~4 PA interviews + Lunch:
a. Presentation of take home to three PAs
b. SQL (use rank() to get id(s) that have the highest value in a column, rolling averages, etc.) and logging ("how would clicks data be structured in a table?") interview
c. Perhaps the best company lunch in the Bay Area!
d. Director chat (go over past projects, your strengths and weaknesses, etc)
e. Hiring manager / experimentation

Really enjoyed interviewing with Dropbox! Really friendly crowd.

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Had a phone screen with a recruiter and then had a technical phone interview with someone in the Product team.

Pros: Interviewers were passionate about their work

Cons: Did not offer feedback after interviews. Since they were case studies questions it felt very subjective and without feedback one does not know how to improve.

Interview Questions

• If you were tasked with needing to monitor the help of Amazon's search box what metrics would you use?   1 Answer
    • How might you go about from the user perspective that Amazon's search experience is good or bad?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online during the weekend. Contacted by a recruiter on the following Monday. Had a phone call that Friday. Rejected the Monday after. I have the same feeling as all recent feedbacks here that it seems they are letting outsiders know they are growing fast by telling people there were a lot of openings on the product teams to fill but not really hiring. It was weird the recruiter told you that you were a perfect fit in the first screen call, and then told you that you were not a good fit per team's decision.

Interview Questions

• what made you here and what you are looking for in your next step   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter -> technical interview over the phone -> Onsite (5 rounds) with presentation. I felt the interview was well planned but have a feeling that Dropbox is not looking to hire. I heard this in past as well and feel that the feedback was not based on the interview. Just make sure when you are going onsite dont have high hopes

Interview Questions

• A/Testing, lot of behavioral questions, SQL   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone call. The recruiter was nice and we had a great conversation. What really surprised me is that she kept saying that my current position matched the position they are looking for (indeed since I am a product analyst) in the phone call, but the reason for not moving forward with me is that my experience does not match what they are looking for....Not really sure if it is a real opening.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR phone screen questions   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter and we did have a pleasant conversation. Recruiter kept insisting I would be a good fit and the role sounds aligned with what I am currently doing. She was suppose to get back to me on setting up a time slot to speak with the hiring manager but haven't heard anything back in 6 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I’m not even sure if this counts as an “interview” per se but I thought it was telling and indicative of how the team there behaves. I was contacted on LinkedIn about a new role and asked if I had time to speak for 30 minutes on the phone on Monday or Tuesday (this was on a Friday). I suggested a few times on both days and then...nothing. Monday comes and goes with no phone call so I follow up; no response and no phone call on Tuesday either. The rest of the week goes by, as does another one. Suddenly, a couple of weeks later, I finally get a reply from the recruiter saying she had been “on vacation since Wednesday” and that the position had been filled. First of all: what happened on Monday and Tuesday? The vacation thing still doesn’t explain that. Second: did you contact me while there was already another candidate with an offer? The timing suggests as much, so in a way I’m glad I didn’t waste my time with a phone call. Just a really unpleasant, unprofessional experience overall, and suggests a team that’s disorganized and doesn’t value employees’ (either current or prospective) time.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking for a phone screen the following day. The woman I talked to was very friendly and answered all of my questions, and it was a very standard phone screen. She said that Dropbox is hiring rapidly in their Product team. She also said that she expected me to go to the next round. Three days later, I received an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates. I emailed her back thanking her for her time and asking for areas where I could improve, but I have not heard back as of this writing. This indicates that Dropbox is trying to give the appearance of rapid growth without hiring.

Interview Questions

Dropbox Response

Jun 7, 2018 – Employer Brand Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Candidate experience is very important to us, so we’re sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant & unprofessional experience with us. If you’re open to sharing more, please feel free to email us at talent-feedback@dropbox.com.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I completely agree with the person below me who described Dropbox is pretending to hire. This is exactly the impression I got from the recruiter's feedback - she told me they talked to great people everyday but can't move forward with everyone. Also they didn't specify a certain skill set/experience that I am lacking - this looks like they just enjoy taking/meeting candidates but may not be in a position to hire.

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

They reached out to me (didn't apply). Got a note from recruiter to schedule an interview the next day at a certain time. I replied and agreed to the timing. Recruiter didn't call and no follow-up email with an excuse. Hilarious

Dropbox Response

Jun 28, 2019 – Talent Brand Team

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and our apologies for the poor candidate experience. I’ve shared the review with the hiring team, but if there’s any additional feedback you’d like to share please feel free to reach out to talent-feedback@dropbox.com.