Dropbox Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Online questionnaire--easy, a few recorded answers and a few written responses.
2. Phone Interview-- 30 minutes, asked why I picked my university and my favorite experience here.
3. In person interview. The first part was a behavioral interview where I was asked the exact same questions as my phone interview. It did not seem like the interviewer had read my resume.

I found the whole experience very bizarre. There were no questions on the product or my ability to sell it. Both interviewers arrived late and the third did not show up. I felt it was an enormous waste of my time and DropBox's money.

I'd say my experience was in line with most of the reviews on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Case Study of the ROI on a partnership with Samsung   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2014.

Interview

It was a really great experience for me. They came to our campus with a presentation and we had a chance to talk to them in person. Based on our resumes we were called into a first round interview with the current employees that joined within a year or two who came to our campus. 30 min interview very straight forward: explain your resume, tell us why dropbox, why sales, who are you how do you really fit in is their primary goal. Remember to explain how dropbox has influenced your life. Dropboxers love Dropbox. They need to know that you know the product and how to use it.

After that interview, I was called back 2 days later and informed that they would like for me to come to Austin for an interview. They were incredibly nice, the whole process was cared for beautifully for transportation, stay, food etc. They covered everything. During the final round interview: I had one interview with a current sales representative, then a break with a another person who took me out for coffee (this is still an interview remember that), and finally an interview with the director of the department. I was not prepared for this position and i did not have a business background so this was difficult for me, and I am pretty sure I was a good candidate but not the best. So i received an email 2 days after telling me that i did not get the job. But honestly going through this process was eyeopening for me. Definitely worth interviewing if you have the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 most important things a CEO should keep on their desktop?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

After passing the resume screening, the interview process went as follows:

1) Phone Interview with Sales Development Lead (Behavioral Interview)
    2) On-Site Interview with 6 "Dropboxers" in San Francisco (4 were behavioral, one was role-play and one was a case interview)
    3) Skype Interview with Sales Manager
    4) Phone Interview with Business Development Manager

It took 2.5 weeks to hear back after the phone interview, one day to hear back after the on-site interview, one week to hear back after the Skype interview, and then only two hours to hear back after the 2nd phone interview.

Interview Questions

• [After being asked to pick a tech company of my choice]

What potential risks does Google face when attempting to globalize and expand into the tech space of third-world developing countries?   1 Answer
    • [After being asked to pick a mobile application]

How would you monetize the application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was rather fast. Applied through the website and received an e-mail on the next day. I had a call after a few days with one of their recruiters, who was extremely friendly. One of the questions was a guestimate. So I had to estimate how many users there are in Dublin. I got through this round and then I was invited over to their office in Dublin. There I had 3 short conversations with people working there, not even a single one was a Manager so that was really cool. The atmosphere was very friendly and positive. The questons were similar to the questions mentioned on Glassdoor: Tell me about yourself, why dropbox, what do you miss in our product, how would you sell dropbox for business if they already use dropbox, how do you see yourself in 6 months, what other tech products do you like and why...

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite tech product at the moment? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview process went extremely fast. Shortly after my online application I received an invitation for an initial phone interview with someone from the Dublin team. The purpose was to see if there is a potential match and they asked me about my motivation to work for Dropbox and sales. They also did a short role play game in a buyer-seller situation (in this case B2C), but this was fairly easy.

A day later I got invited for an on-site interview with 3 other team members. These interviews were very relaxing and informal and we even had some laughs. There were situational questions about the role and they asked my view on how Dropbox could be successful in Europe or within a typical industry and why. Throughout the interviews they also test your Dropbox knowledge with questions about what you like most, what you would like to change, what is the success factor etc.

I felt a good connection with the team, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. I feel it's a very young and ambitious team with still a start-up mentality. They already called me before I left Dublin that I got the job.

The best tip I would say is to just be yourself and have a relaxed conversation, and ask a lot of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Email 1 week after applications
    1st round interview 1 week after first contact
    2nd round interview 1 week after successful first interview

Interview Questions

• None, very straight forward. All orientated on personal background.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Phone interview didnt pass this stage... Was well prepared on all their products etc but I presumed the interviewer picked up on this and pushed further by asking questions what type of companies would the product be good for... And more about prospective companies... Asked about sales background also

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2015.

Interview

Had a two phone screens, then 4 on site interview with 4 different people all went fine they asked some standard questions then they asked why I was leaving my current role I explained and the interviewer said that's not very fair. Ask some questions about product knowledge and how I would build up a pipeline and what do I see for the future of Dropbox. I didn't get the job 'as I was not in line with what they were looking for' I'm sorry but after the phone screen that should of been decided so I did not get that. I would love if recruiters would actually find out what it is they are looking for and then tell you so that you can at least prepare and not waste time! Very unprofessional in my opinion would not recommend Dropbox based on the interview experience!!

Interview Questions

• If you were given unlimited funds how would you spend it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone call with HR Recruitment and one team member discussing experience to date and what the role comprises, my motivations for the job and how my experience would fit. Next phase was manager and some more team members, which comprised three 1:1 interviews of about 20 minutes each. The whole process was very relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How you would go about your first 30/60/90 days in the job?
      What do you see as being challenges in the job?
      What would you bring to the team that nobody else would?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I first applied online. Get a mail back a few days later for a phone interview.
    The 1st round was this 30min call with challenging questions with someone from the team in Dublin. It was in my native langage. I get a positive answer within the day.
    And then I went to Dublin to meet 3 other people.

Interview Questions

• Where would you open a new Dropbox office in the country where you currently live and why ?
      Explain the Cloud to an old person who doesn't know what internet is?
      Why the tech area? Why sales?   Answer Question