Dropbox Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.5

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I applied at the carrer fair at my school and I got an email from them asking me to schedule a time for an on site interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create a square root function.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity through my University's career fair. The interview consisted of one technical question followed by relaxed conversation and an opportunity to ask whatever questions I wanted. The organizers and interviewer were extremely friendly. The technical question was not very difficult, but I was unprepared. I was notified of their decision within one day.

Interview Questions

• Print the nodes in an n-ary tree level by level, one printed line per level.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dropbox in December 2013.

Interview

Met through a contact at school

Interview Questions

• Given a directory of files and folders (and relevant functions), how would you parse through it to find equivalent files?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I talked to a campus recruiter, then first had a 30 minute interview. They called me back for an hour-long interview. (Both on-campus.) I then had an hour-long phone interview, and they flew me to their office in San Francisco for an on-site. I talked to three engineers for an hour each (technical questions), had lunch with one (culture interview!), and met with one at the end to talk about the culture at Dropbox and whether I would be a good fit. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience; everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Some questions asked: about finding duplicate files, converting phone numbers to words, all very standard and nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2013.

Interview

I was given an interview after an on-campus event. The interview was arranged shortly after the event, and concerned a single programming problem (to be coded at a computer). I felt like all of my interactions with Dropbox were well-organized and cordial, and they all seemed enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The problem given seemed reasonable, but I was unprepared and slow, and did not get past first round interviews.

Interview Questions

• There was a single problem, requiring graphically printing a data structure.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

One on campus interview (don't know if this is typical, as they were already on campus for a job fair), and then I believe they do two more interviews, though I never got that far. I believe the final step in the process is flying out to Dropbox's office for a final on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a function called eval, which takes a string and returns a boolean. This string is allowed 6 different characters: 0, 1, &, |, (, and ). Eval should evaluate the string as a boolean expression, where 0 is false, 1 is true, & is an and, and | is an or. An example string might look like "(0 | (1 | 0)) & (1 & ((1 | 0) & 0))"   2 Answers

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

You get a series of phone screens 2-3 and if you pass you are called for an onsite or a series of long interviews by phone if you live very far away.

Interview Questions

• A question about directory crawling and handling cycles.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

Was contacted and asked to apply based on personal project. Had a phone screen with a developer in which he asked me one technical question and a few questions about my plans and experience. Answered the question correctly and I felt the interview went well, but received an email a week and a half later telling me they had decided not to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Given a string such as "123" or "67", write a function to output the number represented by the string without using casting.   2 Answers