Dropbox Software Engineer Interview Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dropbox

1 Interview Review

Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

A former co-worker had invited me to visit them for dinner. (They have excellent free food by the way.) So I listened to their pitch and became really interested to interview for them.

They move super fast, within a day I got an email from a recruiter scheduling an hour phone interview that was for the following day.

On the phone the interviewer seemed stressed, but mentioned they were running around busy all day and were sorry for calling me late. I was mostly asked to talk about my previous job experience and got the typical "describe a challenging problem from my current job and how did I solve it." I thought I did well for most of the interview, in fact we were laughing and joking around for parts of it.

During the last 10 minutes of the interview, I was asked to write some code in a shared browser session and again, I felt I did well there too.

Surprisingly though, I was told 5 days later from a recruiter that I was not the "right fit." I had asked for some feedback as this caught me off guard, but the recruiter only sent a reply back, "sorry, we do not offer individual feedback for candidates."

Interview Questions

• Write two functions, one that increments a log counter and another that gets the count of the logs from the last 5 minutes.   Answer Question