Dropbox Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dropbox Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dropbox

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Contacted for interview the day after on-campus job fair. Recruiter was very friendly, and prompt in responding. Initial interview was set up for the following day, then a second was scheduled for the day after (presumably I did well in the first round). Next step would have been flying to SF, but was not asked back.

Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and polite :) I left the interviews wanting to do more!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. First interview involved finding the sum to a target in an array, second involved designing a log-hit counter for a website. I was allowed to write both in java. The questions weren't overly difficult, but they expected top-notch answers!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in November 2013.

Interview

The whole process was pretty standard. The first step was a phone screen, which involved some coding. When they invited me into the office, there was a whole day of meet-and-greets with various technical people, who each took the opportunity to interview me. Less than a week later, I received the offer. The whole process went pretty smoothly, except for the recruiter, who mis-scheduled the phone screen, and then didn't get back to me for several weeks until I followed up. Recruiters tend to be flaky in general though, so it's always good to be persistent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the initial offer, I was easily able to negotiate a better arrangement over the phone with the recruiter handling my interviews and offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview and I went through technical questions

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to java. The interviewer asked me to write a code to edit a string in a output.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got called up by an HR woman not long after. I had to do a few phone interviews and they all went very well. I'm very experienced in what I do and it was soon made clear by my interviewers that they were very impressed and wanted me to get me on board asap. I had to go to their office in SF for a last live interview. The guy that had to interview me was arrogant, didn't listen to me and clearly didn't want to invest too much time or effort. I got the impression I wasn't 'cool' enough and the interview was over before I knew it. Soon after I got an email that I wouldn't get hired. I am really insulted by their way of hiring people. Never before have I seen such unprofessionalism. I guess some people at Dropbox are just too young to be making decisions and some people are in the wrong place.
    Tip: know your stuff and THEN be extravagant, get noticed, "develop your cool" before you go. Jeans and blue shirt is too common to get accepted. Or don't bother at all. They're obviously looking for someone special.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dropbox (Phila, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

There were 3 rounds -

1. Half hour technical plus normal interview.

2. One hour technical interview if you advanced through the first round

3. Final round at HQ.

Interview Questions

• Question related to hash tables and sorting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

On campus interview - found tech talk on Facebook and then submitted resume online for on campus interview. They had an on campus dinner the night before the interviews - kind of like a behavioral interview scenario. Not that noteworthy but not difficult. The tech interview the next day was more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers eg [1,2,-3,1] find whether there is a sub-sequence that sums to 0 and return it (eg 1,2,-3 or 2,-3,1)
          Checking every sub-sequence is O(n^2) which is too inefficient   15 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dropbox.

Interview

I spent hours upon hours with their team and got asked some really random stuff that had absolutely not a thing to do with anything related to the job I applied for. That being said with the bounty of great things in the market now I would not consider to work here- too many other great possibilities there and I expect to be treated like a senior developer not some fresh grad.

Interview Questions

• they asked some really weird stuff   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found me on LinkedIn and was always in touch throughout the process. She was very helpful and friendly.

I had two phone interviews, done on CoderPad. Both asked me about a previous project for ten minutes, then gave me an eng interview. They were friendly and happy to answer questions about Dropbox after.

I passed them and went to an onsite interview, where I had three eng interviews, one demo session (an engineer showed off upcoming Dropbox products), and an hour-long culture fit interview where they got someone from my college to answer all my questions and take notes on what I asked/said.

All the eng questions were already covered, or straight out of Cracking the Coding Interview.

Overall everyone was very friendly and helpful. It took the recruiter 2 business days to get back to me after phone screens, and 1 week to give me the results of my onsite. I didn't get an offer, but I was told to apply again in a year and I certainly will.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dropbox in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their job portal. Got a reply where they asked me to solve an online test. I applied in November 2014 and got a reply soon for the test. But due to other work I had to delay the test till February. I was given a week to complete the test

Interview Questions

• Implement a Class Registration System. The requirements were neatly specified in a very long description. The method declarations were provided. I was asked to implement around 8 to 9 methods according to the requirement.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dropbox (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

online coding test. the question is mentioned here. not difficult, but the online compiling and testing takes time. It's better to review the code before running the test.