Drury Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Drury Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.3

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

3 interviews. Recruiter, GM of the hotel you are interviewing for, and Regional Manager. The Recruiting team made the process very easy and they were very willing to work interviews around my previous job schedule.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was great I really appreciated the time they took to hear me. Then there is a reference check process where you identify individuals you have worked for and people that have worked for you. The next step was a interview with the company. Applied a year ago so was not able to go further with process.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you where able to turn a guest around.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

It was quick and to the point. My interviewer was pretty nice and not rigid. I actually enjoyed my interview to say the least. It was fun, if you can say that.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a co-worker who I did not get along with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Carmel, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. The interviewer was very friendly and made it seem more like a conversation than interview. I met with three different employees one on one. We discussed my experience and aspirations and I had the opportunity to ask questions. Was also asked "silly" question to ease tension/nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe the ideal co-worker; what did you like and dislike about current or previous job; Why did you choose Drury?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very easy. The mangers are easy and friendly. I felt like I all ready had the job and they just wanted to know what I knew that could make Drury Hotels even better. In addition, it was encouraging to know the work that is expected during the interview. Be prepared to engage with everyone at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your previous work?   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Filled out online app then emailed the manager that posted the job posting, after submitting my app. She called me back 10min later! Gave me a phone interview then invited me in for a in person interview. She interviewed me and asked me simple questions about my experience and delivering guest satisfaction. Then she invited me in for a job observation and another interview which is scheduled for tomorrow at 10am. She said prepare to be there for 2hrs. So I will update later! Hope to Jah that He bless me with this job. It's a great company and I want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

• What's your definition of guests/customer satisfaction?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The general manager called me and asked me to come in so that we can chat. Although they were not necessarily hiring at that point, he wanted to meet me in case something else opened up. He said he would keep my resume close by in case that happens. He also said that he would talk to the other hotels nearby for me.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very Straight forward, interviewer was relaxed and personable. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. I interviewed at the Kansas City Airport location during the summer of 2015. The entire process was very quick, and the supervisors were incredibly easy to talk to. I would highly recommend applying for this position if your interested in working within hospitality.

Buffet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Three different interviews, with four different people for a minimum wage position. Bizarre. Met with one manager on two separate occasions, then met with two other managers on another occasion. Benefits were talked about a lot, but the position didn't actually offer any real benefits -- they include things like employee discounts for hotel stays as a benefit for everyone, whereas employees hear "benefits" and think "health, retirement, etc."

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations? Describe a time when you handled a stressful situation/problem well. Other questions involved a scenario where you are asked which problem would you deal with first--buffet needs filling, trash overflowing, lots of dirty tables need bussing. Questions asked multiple times by different managers. I describe it as "difficult" below, because it involved three separate driving trips for a low-paid, no benefit position. So discouraging.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

This was a typical front desk interview, They wanted to make sure I was out to make sure the guest were satisfied at all times and anything I could do to WOW the guests!

Interview Questions

• What made you choose Drury over Marriott?   1 Answer