DuPont Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Field Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. applied online and received a phone call around 4 days after, then got invited to an onsite interview about 3 weeks after. General interview STAR format, 3 interviews with 3 different managers with lunch between 2nd and 3rd interviews. Lots of questions about diversity and leadership as well as job experience. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Three other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict in the work place because of diversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Applied online and received phone screening in October. Scheduled for on site interview in January. Flew me into Delaware and interviewed me at the Wilmington location. Interview was three one on one interviews with an information session and a lunch. Interview was behavior based questions answers in STAR format. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Six other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all typical behavior based questions testing your teamwork, leadership and communication abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with three separate people for one-on-one interviews. All interviews were very laid back and mostly involved behavioral questions that were asked from a sheet that the interviewer had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your greatest strength   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in September 2014.

Interview

A phone interview, if you pass the phone interview then you get a site interview. On the site interview you have three sections of interviews, one section talking about the history and the benefits of the company, and one hour of lunch with one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Have you been on place where you felt as an outsider and how you did manage it?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was a full day at the DuPont hotel. You start by eating breakfast with a current field engineer. This is an informal interview. Then it was three interviews with three different managers, including eating lunch with one of them. They ask you themed behavioral questions directly off a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you did not accomplish something because of a diversity issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in December 2013.

Interview

My first interview was at a career recruitment fair in Baltimore and then I was invited to an "on site" interview at corporate offices in Delaware with a group of about ten other candidates . STAR model interview: describe a situation, your task, action, and the result. Multiple interviews throughout the day with several employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example how you manage change and how you grew from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in September 2013.

Interview

All day interview process. Interview consisted of three one on one interviews with supervisors. Question were non technical and based more on experiences. The process was designed to find applicants with growth potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

I interned with them. They like to hire from their pool of interns. I was contacted in August for a 30 min phone interview then invited onsite. The onsite interview consisted of 3 30min-60min interviews (Can't recall how long exactly). All questions were behavioral. I heard back in three weeks. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered conflict with a team and how did you smooth the situation. (Wording is not exact)   Answer Question

The industry was not where my interest lied.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen interview conducted by a young field engineer currently enrolled in the program. Within the same day of the phone interview, I got a confirmation phone call stating that I qualified for an on site interview in Wilmington Delaware, at the corporate headquarters. The company provided a travel agent to book the plane tickets, and they covered all expenses of the trip through reimbursements. The on site interview itself consisted of three one hour interviews with a lunch scheduled between the second and third (last) interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance where a cultural difference between you and someone else created a troublesome work environment, and what did you do to overcome this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online for the Field Engineering position.

A couple of weeks passed by but then I got a call one afternoon explaining that this was someone at DuPont and they wanted to know if I was ready to have a phone interview. I politely rescheduled due to the fact that I was walking to class when I got the call.

The phone interview was pretty standard: walk me through your resume and why DuPont.

I received an email letting me know that I was invited for an on-site interview.

The morning of the on-site interview, I had a scheduled non-interview breakfast with a current Field Engineer. It was informative and nice to have a relaxing breakfast. The rest of the day consisted of 3 one on one interviews, an information session, and a lunch with one of the interviewers.

The interviews are all standard SAR questions, Situation Action Response, but be warned there are a lot of questions from each interviewer.

Important note: make sure to not take the lunch lightly. You will be having lunch with one of your interviewers, make sure that you are sociable and keep conversation flowing without being nervous. On a side note, this will make the final interview much more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group and how you were able to overcome your groups differences.   Answer Question