DuPont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Melbourne, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 days, tedious, technical met director of HR 3 times before meeting engineers panel for coatings, spray on truck bed liner, polyurea, hybrid spray lining coatings, waterborne adhesives dept administrator .... the questions were detailed as any interview was. You can be confused but those are tests as well.

Interview Questions

• your age, your personal out look, engineering issues, polyurea issues   1 Answer

Negotiation

rigorous

R&D Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I applied through college recruiting website and got an interview on campus. 45 min in total, talk about my own projects for about 12-15mins, then normal behavioral questions for about 20-25mins, then 5mins to ask questions. Very typical interview, no surprise. Interviewer was very nice and supportive!

Macromolecular Characterization Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont (Urbana, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Basic questions: universities, major, applied positions etc.
    2. Research highlights: 4-5 slides in about 12 min. Must choose the highlights because time is very limited. Do not need to cover too much technical details.
    3. Research related behavioral questions: 4-5 questions, very normal.
    4. Q&A: you can ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest obstacle you have met during your research?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with conflicts during collaboration?   Answer Question

Business Process Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university career site for a summer internship and got a phone interview. The phone interview was a four way call with three interviewers. All the questions were behavioral. Less than a week after, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a technical project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Polymer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

First briefly describe your research, then ask behavioral questions. It took about an hour, and the interviewer is a technical man, so he is very friendly. However the interview seems to be a mock, since none of us (about 20 students) get into the next round, and we waited about 3 months to hear about the sorry letter...Don't know why they come to campus and don't know why they didn't take anyone...

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone after applying online through my college job website. I was scheduled for an interview with two employees. The interview took about 30 minutes and I was told I would be contacted in the following weeks through email.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging experience where you worked in a group and how did you work towards success?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (El Paso, IL).

Interview

Round table (panel) interview with all upper management. Multiple testing (drug, employment skills, physical, hearing, aptitude, etc.). Also background check along with school verification. Took approximately 30 days from first call to start date.

Interview Questions

• Mostly previous employment as well as employee interaction questions. Situation handling, core values and safety questions. Discussed shift availability as well as preference of shifts.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. applied online and received a phone call around 4 days after, then got invited to an onsite interview about 3 weeks after. General interview STAR format, 3 interviews with 3 different managers with lunch between 2nd and 3rd interviews. Lots of questions about diversity and leadership as well as job experience. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Three other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict in the work place because of diversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Lubrication Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume on internet. Was contacted via email to set up phone interview a week in advance. Interviewed with 4 people on phone. Very positive experience. The interview lasted 1 hour.

Polymer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. One recruiter contacted me for scheduling a campus interview the day after the info session on campus. Interview time was scheduled a week in advance. Interviewed by a representative. The process was very positive . The interview lasted half an hour. Just normal behavioral interview and some summary on the research.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a whole year with access to all kinds of experimental tools, what you want to research on?   Answer Question