DuPont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. applied online and received a phone call around 4 days after, then got invited to an onsite interview about 3 weeks after. General interview STAR format, 3 interviews with 3 different managers with lunch between 2nd and 3rd interviews. Lots of questions about diversity and leadership as well as job experience. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Three other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict in the work place because of diversity and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Lubrication Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume on internet. Was contacted via email to set up phone interview a week in advance. Interviewed with 4 people on phone. Very positive experience. The interview lasted 1 hour.

Polymer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online. One recruiter contacted me for scheduling a campus interview the day after the info session on campus. Interview time was scheduled a week in advance. Interviewed by a representative. The process was very positive . The interview lasted half an hour. Just normal behavioral interview and some summary on the research.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a whole year with access to all kinds of experimental tools, what you want to research on?   Answer Question

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

Thorough interview with regional director and two sales managers. Submitted application online using internal company careers website. Interview panel was both in person and on the phone. Received feedback from the interview within two weeks via email.

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

I start with campus interview. Submit the application through the university career website, and receive the interview invitation. There were two interviewers in my campus interview. The campus interview process took about 45 minutes. I had 10 minutes in the beginning to talk about my experiences, and then Q&A. Waiting for the notice of phone interview. Get rejected after 4 months.

Interview Questions

• If the company asked you to work on a new field or a new direction, what kind of research will you do?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

online application process, computer testing followed by hands on testing and physical abilities tests. Also included face to face interview with a team of employees including HR and lab personnel

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to overcome a difficulty.   Answer Question

Maintenance and Reliability Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online based on a LinkedIn job posting. Was called by HR about a week later. This was a standard screening call to validate my resume, salary range, etc. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and staff engineer a week after that discussion. On that call the hiring manager outlined the position, the organization structure and the characteristic they were looking for in a candidate. I provided a high level summary of my experience. Based on that interview I was scheduled for a 5 hour face-to-face interview the following week. The interview began with a good overview of the organization including the expectations around the pending split of the company on July 1st. The interview also included a required 20 minute Powerpoint presentation on my experience. The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral type questions asked in a group session by people in the room and by Webex. On the plus side, the behavioral questions did relate to the actual position so I felt all questions asked were relevant to the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a field experience you have had involving Mechanical Integrity, the problem that was presented and how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

APO Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with an experienced company contact. In depth discussion regarding project experience including technical competancy, roles and responsibilities, soft skills, non-technical skills, education background. Discussed at length the various industries I have worked in. For each project reviewed the project scope and objectives, my role within the cross functional team, technical skills including system tools, duration of assignment, responsibilities and deliverables, achievements including quantifying project impact in terms of business benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role on your most recent project, the project objectives and scope, and your most significant contributions.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (West Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was great and the person (Scott) I was talking to made the interview go smooth and answered every question I had. The face to face interview went okay, but I didn't really care for the shift leaders attitude and the fact he seemed more annoyed when talking with you. I knew then that it was a iffy opportunity and it was up in the air even thought the two I talked on the phone wanted me. they were scrambling to hire, but yet they were almost nit picking people to death and when you try calling back after they called you and left a message, they don't seem to be in the mode of calling you back. The cedar rapids facility seems okay, but i think they could work on things including the people skills and actually explain what they are actually looking for instead of wasting peoples time. I moved on and got a different offer that i was hoping would of showed up before dupont so it wouldn't have felt like i like we were wasting each others time, but whatever.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Skype interview for about an hour with HR and existing engineer who's leaving. Initial phone calls after email rejection letters were sent out since resumes were too hastily read to tell what any single person applying to the job brought to the table in experience. Small town HR lifer with not much experience talking with technically minded candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you solved a problem using your collaboration skills to facilitate results.
      How do you handle diversity and criticism in the workplace?
      Tell about a time you disagreed with your boss.
      Tell about a time you had disagreement with another employee in the workplace.
      Tell about a time you made a mistake at work.
      Tell about a time you made changes to programs that involved maintenance.
      Tell about how you would become familiar with new equipment and machinery.
      Why do you want to work for DuPont in Iowa?
      Why do you want to move to Iowa?
      On and on and on.