DuPont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Very easy when going the contractor route. Because DuPont is a big company I had the impression that this interview process would be extensive and maybe even a challenge however I was wrong. I had 1 onsite interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Very clique and typical questions.

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corsicana, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Corsicana, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

test on machine shop knowledge and practice, safety, best practices, computer aided design, computer aides manufacturing, tool design, fixture design, mold making, math, trig, tool geometry, Computer Numerical Control, EIA/ISO, conversational programming, manual machines of lathe and mill, cutter geometry. probe programming, inspection, burring removal, Material Safety Data Sheet and education.

Interview Questions

Money was good however, I'd have to move.

Chemical Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

The process took about two months from start to finish. At the time they had a hand written test that was graded then you had to sit in a review board to see what you missed on the test or if you passed the test and was to move on to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have that would help you in this role   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

There was my supervisor, three engineers, and HR manager in the room. They only asked canned questions. There were no surprizes. They didnt ask questions about any of my experience. The interview was purely behavior based. The content of my answers did not matter, only that there was a complete answer. I could tell i was being judged on my ability to deliver an answer, not just for what i had to say.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of the most difficult work situation you have ever faced, what happened, and hoe did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. They offered me $90k and 2 weeks vacation. I countered with 3 weeks vacation and $94,217. They made the offer for what i asked for.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (El Dorado, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked about 35 question in a phone interview. Then had a face to face interview where the same questions where asked again.There is a personality test that asks about your driving style and a lot about how you get along with others.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First is phone call interview. I talk to about 3 people. The questions are almost behaviour questions. It last about half hours. Wasn't difficult. After that was on site interview. This last all day, first they show me the factory then lanch than interview. Not much tech questions, asked about the chi-squared and something about data set.

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

It was not bad if you prepare. Know details about your research experience. Also look up behavioral questions. First I had a phone interview with 2 people. 2 weeks later an on site interview where I had lunch with employees, a tour of where I could work, and 2 panel interviews.

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Troy, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant, had a great first interview with a general recruiter, then moved on to interview with same recruiter as well as a technical recruiting manager. Had to answer general questions, and then got into more personal questions, not so technically engineering related.

Interview Questions

• What does your GPA say about your work ethic?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parlin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Parlin, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I gave my resume in at a SWE career fair, I was contacted from Dupont HR one month later and set up for an on-site interview. After the interview, they called me with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is one goal you had set for yourself and how did you go about reaching it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Champaign, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university. They gave me an initial phone call and just went over my resume to ensure that it was accurate. Then I was asked to conduct a Skype interview where they asked some technical questions. Most of these questions were not hard, and would be able to be answered thoroughly if you are proficient in your field

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked in a group and somebody did you work well.   Answer Question