DuPont Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in September 2015.

Interview

I start with campus interview. Submit the application through the university career website, and receive the interview invitation. There were two interviewers in my campus interview. The campus interview process took about 45 minutes. I had 10 minutes in the beginning to talk about my experiences, and then Q&A. Waiting for the notice of phone interview. Get rejected after 4 months.

Interview Questions

• If the company asked you to work on a new field or a new direction, what kind of research will you do?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

online application process, computer testing followed by hands on testing and physical abilities tests. Also included face to face interview with a team of employees including HR and lab personnel

Maintenance and Reliability Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online based on a LinkedIn job posting. Was called by HR about a week later. This was a standard screening call to validate my resume, salary range, etc. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and staff engineer a week after that discussion. On that call the hiring manager outlined the position, the organization structure and the characteristic they were looking for in a candidate. I provided a high level summary of my experience. Based on that interview I was scheduled for a 5 hour face-to-face interview the following week. The interview began with a good overview of the organization including the expectations around the pending split of the company on July 1st. The interview also included a required 20 minute Powerpoint presentation on my experience. The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral type questions asked in a group session by people in the room and by Webex. On the plus side, the behavioral questions did relate to the actual position so I felt all questions asked were relevant to the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a field experience you have had involving Mechanical Integrity, the problem that was presented and how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

APO Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical interview with an experienced company contact. In depth discussion regarding project experience including technical competancy, roles and responsibilities, soft skills, non-technical skills, education background. Discussed at length the various industries I have worked in. For each project reviewed the project scope and objectives, my role within the cross functional team, technical skills including system tools, duration of assignment, responsibilities and deliverables, achievements including quantifying project impact in terms of business benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role on your most recent project, the project objectives and scope, and your most significant contributions.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (West Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was great and the person (Scott) I was talking to made the interview go smooth and answered every question I had. The face to face interview went okay, but I didn't really care for the shift leaders attitude and the fact he seemed more annoyed when talking with you. I knew then that it was a iffy opportunity and it was up in the air even thought the two I talked on the phone wanted me. they were scrambling to hire, but yet they were almost nit picking people to death and when you try calling back after they called you and left a message, they don't seem to be in the mode of calling you back. The cedar rapids facility seems okay, but i think they could work on things including the people skills and actually explain what they are actually looking for instead of wasting peoples time. I moved on and got a different offer that i was hoping would of showed up before dupont so it wouldn't have felt like i like we were wasting each others time, but whatever.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Skype interview for about an hour with HR and existing engineer who's leaving. Initial phone calls after email rejection letters were sent out since resumes were too hastily read to tell what any single person applying to the job brought to the table in experience. Small town HR lifer with not much experience talking with technically minded candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you solved a problem using your collaboration skills to facilitate results.
      How do you handle diversity and criticism in the workplace?
      Tell about a time you disagreed with your boss.
      Tell about a time you had disagreement with another employee in the workplace.
      Tell about a time you made a mistake at work.
      Tell about a time you made changes to programs that involved maintenance.
      Tell about how you would become familiar with new equipment and machinery.
      Why do you want to work for DuPont in Iowa?
      Why do you want to move to Iowa?
      On and on and on.   1 Answer

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tough with two sessions of three interviewers. They asked good situational questions to get you thinking about your prior laboratory experiences. It was a great experience to get to know some of the staff. There is not much you can prepare for, it is all based on your experience.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do if you were using a new chemical?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Very intense, full day with multiple interviews by all levels of staff. Started in early morning with one interview after another and a 5-10 break in between. Includes peers, managers and senior leadership in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join? (and other technical questions)   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

nothing to report, it was a standard interview process. The hiring process was very detailed, being a large company they expected many forms to be completed. overall it was worth it since I stayed at the company long term

Interview Questions

• IT was too long ago, but nothing very hard. Normal questions and I felt comfortable   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Very easy when going the contractor route. Because DuPont is a big company I had the impression that this interview process would be extensive and maybe even a challenge however I was wrong. I had 1 onsite interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Very clique and typical questions.