DuPont Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was an on-campus interview for second year MBA students. The questions were focused on understanding the summer internship experience and project. The interviewer also asked specific questions and try to see if you have experience and sense of B2B marketing, which is typically what the program is hiring for. One of the question was how to develop a marketing plan. The interviewer asked in detail what would you do in each and every steps. Another question was if a R&D engineer told you about a new product idea, how would you response to him.

Interview Questions

• How to make marketing plan? (specifically how to identify a market, draft marketing plan, and implement the plan)   Answer Question
  • If a R&D engineer told you about a new idea for a product (it's just an idea without products now), what would you do to evaluate the opportunity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont in February 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview based on prior experience. Had 2 rounds of interviews- first was behavioral and second was an organization case. The case was to test my ability to work with a cross functional team and influence behavior.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in September 2007.

Interview

Interview consisted of on-campus interviews and invitation to headquarters for follow-up interviews. On campus was standard behaviorial interivew. HQ interview included multiple interviews with functional and business leaders each testing different areas of competence including leadership skills, business acumen, ability to deal with ambiguity, influence management and of course marketing competence. There was also a case study you had to present to a panel of 3 business and functional leaders. Very professional and intense interview process.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to define a value chain for a new bio-based product that was being introduced to the market.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in January 2007.

Interview

Met w various business leaders for 1/2 hr

Interview Questions

Negotiation

3 stages of negotiation, mostly hr at end w salary negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

After the shortlist based on past work and functional experience, and the other necessary requirements, 4-5 rounds of interviews are scheduled at different time intervals. 2 rounds of telephonic includes HR and functional, followed by face-to-face with senior in the deptt, BU head, HR head and finally with Country MD.
    People and ethics are important to the company and hence a long, cumbersome process. But it helps especially they look for people for long term stint (historically, people join and spend their lifetime with this company or in some cases, who can't, leave in initial years).
    India Specific - Still a new company; process is mixed with global corporate culture with Indian culture

Interview Questions

• Relates with Ethics - working in India and handling Government and similar other associations v/s company stringent policies of no-nonsense and 0% tolerance on ethical behaviour from all levels of employees   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2011.

Interview

Face to face interview followed on from a phone call. Detailed one-day interview, with four senior leaders. Was in a group setting, with 3 other candidates. Met with 3 functional leaders, one who was very focused on a specific area of expertise, and the other was a HR director. Questions focused on cultural fit, ability to manage independently and specific technical expertise.

Interview Questions

• Asked about willingness to travel, how did I manage conflict, and how would I engage stakeholders in difficult decisions?   Answer Question