DuPont Pioneer Interview Questions in Johnston, IA | Glassdoor

3.1

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward for a big company. After the formal application process, I was first contacted for a phone interview, that was followed up by an invitation for an onsite interview with all travel expenses paid by the company. I got to meet many future colleagues and got a general look of the campus. The process was very courteous and I never felt like I was being interogated.

Interview Questions

• Besides the typical questions about skill levels and interest, most of the questions were behavioral based.   Answer Question

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA).

Interview

It was a very long interview (2 plus hours), so be prepared. Take the day off of work at your current job. I had several smaller group interviews. Each group repeated the same or similar series of questions and asked that I give different examples to each group.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA).

Interview

I interviewed with a group of five people for a developer position. Instead of reviewing my extensive portfolio we did a white board session (where I had to hand write code, without a computer, from scratch, and no notes). It wasn't too bad at first until we started doing more complex stuff and I'm just really used to using an editor like Eclipse.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to hand write code that I told them was not my strong suit, but that I would be more than capable of doing with the library readily available.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screening and then a phone interview. The second phone interview was somewhat lengthy and I spoke with several people. Then I was invited to headquarters for an on-site interview in which I presented my past research and sat down with several members of the lab for one-on-one question time.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very focused on my past research experiences and findings.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

Well laid out process. Applied online via Indeed/website. Got a call after a month. Phone screenings. On site interview/ Skype with the Tech Lead of the team/ Architect and the Hiring Manager ( One of the nicest guys). Very articulate in what they want from you and what they expect from you. Make sure you explain your intentions and desire to work as an Intern and why.

Interview Questions

• Test Driven Development, About Yourself, What excites you most about Software Development.Should be good with SQL/DB, Python and/or Web stuff. Cloud (AWS) is a bonus. Be honest on your resume and will mostly be tested on those parts.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Probably the worst interviews I've ever had. Unrealistic expectations and little understanding of the field. Had multiple interviewers, met the team, and overall felt like the interview went well but the culture seemed stuffy. They do seem to be very forward thinking with technology and hiring a lot. Seemed like a company who has processes to plan for processes that may never happen. With rules that invade personal life. Was told you could get fired for calling into a meeting from your car. Not a big fan of the IT office setup. Seemed cluttered. Spoke with a couple team members who seemed very concerned about mergers and layoffs with a lot of staff becoming contractors. Not sure I would recommend this company. The larger panel and questions unrelated to my role was very off putting. The job description didn't match the title I interviewed for. At least some of the team seemed to have a really great sense of humor. Every interview was long and ran over time. Very poor follow up and feedback. Took a very long time to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use?   Answer Question
    • Describe your process   Answer Question
    • Have you worked with Agile?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer a cubicle? Would you rather work from home (which wasn't an option)   Answer Question
    • What kind of fruit would you be?   Answer Question
    • Do you always wear your seatbelt (apparently you get written up for this)   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • What can you do for our department? Are you comfortable working with multiple teams? Still figuring this stuff out and may need you to work on multiple teams.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about farming? Do you have an interest in agriculture?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about ag technology?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How do you problem solve? How do you work with difficult co-workers or work through disagreements?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of overcoming failure   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with impediments   Answer Question
    • Previous experience with development   Answer Question
    • Educational background   Answer Question
    • Was asked multiple coding questions, but I'm not a developer or applying for that kind of position. Made me think they didn't know what UX is.   Answer Question

Senior User Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview after 2 weeks of applying and face to face in Johnston office with hiring manager and peers. Pleasant experience and specific questions related to position. Questions were balanced between behavior based and experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed to meet deadline and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted offer

Sales Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two positions open, so there were four managers that I interviewed with. They had prepared questions that were asked, and they each took turns asking questions. In all, they asked about 12 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't know the answer to something and how you were able to get the answer.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Selected applicants down to about 10 for phone interview and reduced that number to 4. Those 4 had 3 one hour face to face interviews where they ask you generic questions from a booklet. In person interviews had 2 people alternating asking questions. Once they got through their questions the interview was over besides my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you weren't able to meet a deadline, how did you respond to this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Onsite Interview. Consisted of 4 1-on-1 interviews with different managers. There were a number of other candidates also interviewing and rotating among the interviewers. Provided a lunch to begin or end your interview session and allow more questions to be asked.