DuPont Pioneer Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Pioneer Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 23, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screening and then a phone interview. The second phone interview was somewhat lengthy and I spoke with several people. Then I was invited to headquarters for an on-site interview in which I presented my past research and sat down with several members of the lab for one-on-one question time.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very focused on my past research experiences and findings.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont Pioneer

Anonymous Employee in Waimea, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Waimea, HI).

Interview

There were three panel interviews with groups of 3-4 and a couple one on one interviews with the scientists. Each interview lasted about an hour and there was a tour of the facility. It was a bit nerve-racking but if you know your way around behavioral interview questions, you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to lead a team to accomplish a difficult task. Did you succeed? How did you get your team to cooperate?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

2 stage interview where there was an informal informational gathering interview then another more formal interview with the entire group and any other individuals whom I'd work closely with.
    The first interview was a meeting with the hiring manager to describe the role. The second interview was with the full group and one additional person who worked in a shared space.
    Offers are usually made within the week and a similar time to either accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Overall work ethic questions.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer.

Interview

Applied online, had phone interview, and then 3 hour face-to-face interview. All of these went very well, but the hiring process is a joke. This company is not serious about hiring anyone. 2 months after the interview, I got a rejection email only to have this job posted again on the job boards even after having all preferred qualifications. I will never apply for this company again. Don't waste your time!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All interview questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

Selected applicants down to about 10 for phone interview and reduced that number to 4. Those 4 had 3 one hour face to face interviews where they ask you generic questions from a booklet. In person interviews had 2 people alternating asking questions. Once they got through their questions the interview was over besides my own questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you weren't able to meet a deadline, how did you respond to this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer in October 2013.

Interview

Was called for a first round interview one day and scheduled it for the next. Questions were centered mainly on my research experiences and how I responded to certain situations. Got invited for second round 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• This role has a lot of information management, are you prepared to go into that and have to put aside research at times?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Macomb, IL).

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on site interview. Very simple process with normal behavioral based interview questions. The onsite interview included a tour and panel interview. 4 panels and about 4 hours total interview time. Offer was made around a week after interviews were complete. Drug test was required.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very common behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when....- How would you handle...?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was made and details about the offer were explained. No negotiation. Two weeks notice was given to my previous employer and I started within a month. Relocation was necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Wilmington, DE) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical interview, only it was with the larger working group rather than just the hiring manager. The interview started with introductions and descriptions from the employees jobs. I was then asked questions by the employees. they had been given copies of my resume in advance to prepare questions. Most questions were concerned with skills and personality compatibility.

Interview Questions

• What is the strength that sets you apart from the other candidates we interviewed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Johnston, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview ~20 mins. Then one-on-one interviews (4@~30mins). Finally, a group interview ~1 hour. For the one-on-one interviews, they asked both professional questions and behavioral questions. I hand-wrote very short (4 sentence) thank-you letters to each of my interviewers highlighting what I liked most about the interview. They told me they were very impressed by this. --> Get their emails before the interview is finished. <--

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you demonstrated leadership or initiative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont Pioneer (Redwood City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Painfully long procedure. There's a phone screening interview. I was scheduled for the second interview at the site. The last interview was by all team members. I spent 4+ hours at the interviewing site. I was interviewed by 6 people, each took 30 minutes. They asked very easy questions. Some questions more about me than the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions, including basic concept of lab techniques. Also, I was asked my future career goal.   Answer Question