DuPont Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DuPont Research Scientist Interview Questions

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I applied on line, After about 1 month, I received a phone call and had 30 min phone interview.... After about next 10 day I was invited for on-site interview ... It took one day, 30 min technical presentation, and after technical question...
Several panel interview (2:1) behavioral skill question

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Phone interview, 3 weeks after online application and online quiz. Confirmed basic info. first and Asked about the most recently research project, and the biggest obstruction you solved in your research.

Interview Questions

• asked about most recently project, and the biggest obstruction you solved in your research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Had an informal and formal components. After initial HR screening:
    Since I was applying for a Ph.D. position, I had a host who was a scientist in the group and took me to breakfast. We drove to the site where I met other people, including the reporting manager. I gave a presentation on my previous research with open questions at the end. A small group had lunch and then I had interviews with others in the group, including the research director. The end was ended with a small group dinner.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in work schedule
      Why did I chose science as a career
      How would I handle a difficult situation   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Had a brief behavioral interview resulting from campus recruitment (e.g., give an example of your leadership, if you're willing to relocate, etc.). Received notice three months later that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a disagreement with someone you worked with and how your resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont in September 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. No feedback heard yet. The interviewer is an alumni and he asked questions to help the interviewee to talk about themselves. It was campus interview and mostly are behavior questions. Pretty easy and pretty standard. Just need to came up with good story

Interview Questions

• pretty normal behavior questions for example : describe about how to cooperate with colleagues.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

There were 2 screening telephone interviews. Both of them asked about background information, technical and behavioral questions. Then they set up an on-site interview which lasted a day. I was asked to give a talk at the on-site interview, and meet with a few interview panels.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Really nice interviewers including a couple of scientists and a recruiter. Start with my own project and they quickly went over my research. Then introduce their requirement for this particular position and ask me specific questions like how to work with equipments. Then we have some casual talk about life style. In general, it's a comfortable interview but I did not move forward.

Interview Questions

• Try to explain why you think you are the one for this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DuPont (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Give me brief introduction about my work and then asked me few behavior questions, like leadership and teamwork. After that, I asked few questions about Dupont. The interviewer told me he will let me know the decision within 4 to 6 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

A phone interview and then got a call for onsite interview. Had dinner with two people on the day arrived which itself felt like a 3 hr interview. Next day made a 45 min presentation and one on one intvw with 9 other people including HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through university recruitment and got a 2 on 1 interview. The two interviewers were pretty nice and sociable but seemed kind of bored and uninterested in the interview. Afterwards they could not give much insight as to when to expect to hear back from the company regarding a second-round interview, and I was not contacted again. Straight-forward behavioral and resume type questions.