Dublin City University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dublin City University Interview Questions

2.6

Professor of Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Panel of six, one external asked scholarly (but not well informed) questions, the other seemed to think she was the 'bad cop' in a 'good cop bad cop' scenario. Actually she didn't know really what she was talking about, but that didn't stop her being unpleasant in a manic fashion. Otherwise questions seemed a bit oblique and I'm not sure they didn't have a candidate already in mind. Bit surprised I was asked to go at all given this institution (the 'entrepreneurial' university of Ireland) had employed my business partner on a temporary contract and had made some arrangement with him to become independent of the partnership and carry out the business wit them in their facility. All bad form isn't it?

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specifics. I mentioned opening an international masters degree and this was actually scoffed at, even though the interviewer concerned has no actual experience of this themselves.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Attended an interview @DCU. Interview process was fine. Panel of 4 academics and 1 HR person. Questions were all to the point and none that were difficult to answer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes if not a bit shorter. The panel were all friendly and interested in what I was saying. There were no really hard questions or very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of funding would I apply for or have I applied in the past?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual 2 on 1 interview, assessing my enthusiasm for the job and a review of my academic results. I was asked simple, broad questions about the field and whether or not I had enjoyed the experimental section of the related module during my college semester.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by an panel of 4 people; comprised of a HR person, the PI, the senior scientist and an external scientist with expertise in the area of the project as the group were branching out in to new territory with this project. The PI arrived about 15 minutes late but was apologetic. The interview was approximately 45 minutes long and took place in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked pertained to my previous experience, my views on the research area and what the current weakest link in that area is/was, if funding was not an issue - what research would I pursue.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Interview

I got in to DCU after finishing a Post Leaving Certificate course in Business and I.T. I am currently in my final year.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2013.

Interview

Just conversational about studies and previous jobs. It consisted in a chat over a cup of coffee first, and then a full day visit to meet with some members of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous roles
      Talk about studies
      Ideas for first projects
      1 Answer

Negotiation

It is no big deal to prepare for those interviews

Counsellor/Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

A panel of three people interviewed me, they each asked a selection of questions. National Director Counselling service, Personnel person and independent person, They marked each answer out of 10 and I was informed that a panel would be chosen based on the scores I received at the interview,

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an ethical dilema?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2012.

Interview

It is really based on case to case. Interview was Skype based, very relaxed with my supervisor.