Duff & Phelps Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied thru school's career center, heard back right away and had first interview on the phone and then the super day. Very standard and mostly behavioral type questions, but they did try and push deeper to go technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Walk me thru a DCF   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University, within 1 week, I received the invitation for an interview. It was a one on one interview. Took about 20 mins. The interviewer kept looking at the clock every 5 mins like he was in the rush. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why this job, and one related field question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great it was so nice to meet everyone on the team that I would be working with after my first phone screen. Coming into the office was great and it really gave me a feel for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position directly from my university. I received an email detailing a time for a phone screening. Phone Interview was with Senior Associate. It was a relaxed interview with simple questions about past experiences and basic finance knowledge. The total time was about 15 minutes. I am still waiting to hear back about a follow up interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very casual and a bit disorganized. I felt that the interviewers didn't even know what they want. They tried to ask you technical questions but as you discussed more, you realized that some of the interviewers just wanted to use big words and sound smart in front of you. HR takes a long time to respond to you.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a normal process in which I had received an e-mail before having to meet the person. They told me beforehand that travel was an essential skill required and if I were fine with that. Upon agreeing, I went to the office and had an interview that was pretty cool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2012.

Interview

On Campus Interview. The interviewer was a VP from Investment Banking division. Straight forward. Got one valuation question wrong and he actually spent time and explained it to me.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed valuation and technical questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with Duff and Phelps a few months ago. I had gotten an e-mail that said they wanted to conduct a phone interview with me that day. I was in class and responded from my blackberry asking if they could do it another day or at least an hour after I got out of class to give myself some time to prepare. They said it had to be that day because they were moving along in the interview process and scheduled me for 2:30, I got out of class at 2:15. I complied figuring it would be more of a personality interview if they were rushing me this much. I had barely walked through my door when my phone rang. It was fine they asked some personality questions, but then started asking me about the company and some more technical financial and accounting questions. This would not have been a hard interview if I had had a little time to prepare. I knew it did not go well because my answers were sloppy and unprepared but I sent an e-mail to say thank you anyway. I never heard back from my e-mail or from the company in general. This left a bad taste in my mouth for Duff and Phelps and I felt it was a bad way to conduct the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the connection between the income statement and the balance of payment statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

They first contacted me through e-mail to set up a time to have a phone interview. I spoke with the director of the department. Asked questions from behavioral to technical including finance and accounting questions. The technical questions were straight forward, but the behavioral were somewhat hard behavioral questions.