Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.2

Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Only involved a phone interview, no followup at the office.

No hard technical questions, just covered basic corporate finance knowledge. Talked about the company, then walked through the experiences on my resume, then mostly just tried to gauge my interest in the role and more broadly finance in general.

Phone interview only lasted about 25 minutes total.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quickly and was brought into the office the next day for an interview. The people I met were kind and willing to listen as much as they talked. I recommend researching more about the company and the position you are applying for. You must know why you want to work there. It's been almost 3 weeks since my interview and received no feed back, even after they told me I'd hear back with good or bad news.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by Super Day. On campus interview was basic, with several technical questions regarding valuation techniques. Super Day consisted of three one on one interviews with VPs and Directors, followed by a collaborative case study.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview, Phone screen and then moved on an onsite interview. Behavioral and motivational questions were used. Process was fairly easy, met with 4 interviewers and then an offer was presented. Background check and onboarding was very easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great it was so nice to meet everyone on the team that I would be working with after my first phone screen. Coming into the office was great and it really gave me a feel for the company.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Family connection with a Managing Director; sent them a resume in late January, heard back in late February, finally got lunch (with the MD and a Director) in late March, interviewed in late April. 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a VP, 30 min with a Director (but he left after 15 min to get a flight). They didn't volunteer me a 'yes' or a 'no' regarding an offer; after 2.5 weeks I e-mailed HR and got the boiler plate 'no offer' e-mail. HR has yet to reimburse the expense of getting to the interview.

Interview Questions

• The second VP asked me to divide 3,500,000 by 10,000 mentally, on the spot.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position directly from my university. I received an email detailing a time for a phone screening. Phone Interview was with Senior Associate. It was a relaxed interview with simple questions about past experiences and basic finance knowledge. The total time was about 15 minutes. I am still waiting to hear back about a follow up interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

1st round interview was 1:1 on campus. 2nd round was at their office in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• How do you get equity value from enterprise value?   1 Answer

Dispute Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I got a first round interview through career services at my university. I was invited to a 2nd round at their HQ in Chicago with about 10 other applicants. They had a dinner the night before the interviews and the interviews consisted of 5 different 30-minute conversations in various offices with different employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe the effect of depreciation on the income statement, statement of cash flows, and the balance sheet.   Answer Question

Dispute Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a group of us from various schools that came to Chicago. We each were rotated around the office in a series of 5 interviews.