Duff & Phelps Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

First round is a 30 minute interview which is a very short time period. I was asked to talk through my resume and then had some basic follow up questions in behavioral format. The interviewer seemed rushed or like he did not want to be there and checked the clock repeatedly. The first question of the interview was how long is this interview.

Interview Questions

• A question about recent news and how I would go about valuing the damages.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online in March 2016. Heard back in one week for phone interview. Phone interview took 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions. Interviewed at office the following week with VP and another analyst for 1 and a half hours. Mostly technical questions and both explained what I would do if I missed a question. At the end of the interview I was shown around the office. Still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What SQL queries would you use to find specific data from the database?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through University website. First round of interviews was mostly behavioral questions. Second round consisted of 4-5 in-office interviews. The company took recruits out to dinner the night before interviews. Second round was mostly behavioral but there were a few technical questions

Interview Questions

• What valuation method would you use to value a company/asset?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

First Round - standard phone interview with the generic HR and fit questions. Second Round - in office with 3-4 different interviews. Questions ranged from fit/personality, accounting, behavioral, and financial valuation. Interviewed with two analyst, once with a senior VP, another with a manager (I think). Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. One of the most important questions I was told they take importance to was "why dispute consulting?". Not that difficult of a questions to answer, but you should know your answer, and make clear and concise reasons as to support your interest in the topic.

Interview Questions

• Explain the different valuation methods?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. I was contacted by the company-wide HR person via email who scheduled a phone screening with a director at the local office. Followed up with marathon interview with four people: started with two people with my position, then two separate interviews with vice presidents, and a final interview with a director (we rotate who does interviews at the office, so you could be interviewed by a different level of employee, but usually it is around five people.) I received an offer approximately one week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, as long as you know your stuff you will be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Dallas, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview; pretty simple questions, just getting to know you. Then a 4 round 30 minute each in-office interview. Each interviewer asked you some finance-based and behavior-based questions and then allowed you to answer questions of your own. They asked questions about your resume as well.

Interview Questions

• If company expected that they were going to grow at 5% over the next five years; what ways could you approve or disprove their forecast?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Went through a rigorous round of interviews from 9 to 12pm, but was primarily behavioral. Everyone I met was very nice and and firm looks like it has a respectable management in place. There was 3 different interviews for thirty minutes each.

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen then went in for 4, 30 minute interviews. Took the applicants to lunch afterwards. Basic behavioral questions, but each interviewer asked how you would value a company.