Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

More technical than other interviews I have done. Just know your stuff!
    Relax also and very friendly. I got to the first round of interview after I applied via my school.

Tax Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I had about 3 rounds of interviews, each of the interviews lasted about 30 minutes a piece. Everyone was very kinda and very helpful. Not too stressful. Everyone was dressed very casual, I was the only person wearing a suit.

Disputes Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Got invited to an on campus interview and I thought it went pretty well. The Interviewer was really casual and easy to talk to. He asked basic behavioral questions, nothing technical . I sent a thank you note right after and followed up again a few weeks later. I have yet to hear back at all and the date I was given
    for the second round is in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why Disputes and Investigations? Why Duff and Phelps? Tell me about a time you....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Mostly technical questions, and fundamental questions about my resume and job experience. There was also a brain teaser to test your logic skills. They also asked me about the state of the oil market, since I was going into Oil & Gas Valuation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Athens, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

They were at the career fair then held 30 minute interview on campus. I was asked some short questions about getting to know me then technical ones about excel and NPV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview, very strait forward and comfortable. Just know why you want the position and your experience in valuation. Not sure what they are looking for sense my interview was great and i connected with them well. Probably more experience in the area of valuation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was first screened via phone by MD of Portfolio Valuation. Then flown out the flowing week to NYC to interview at a Superday. Consisted of 3 back to back 1/2 hour interviews and a case study on valuation. Mostly behavioral- but will have technical.

Real Estate Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

One 30 minute on campus interview. Very conversation based, mainly on resume and experience. Received a call to move on to the super day the following week. Super day was three 30 minute interviews with MDs. One interviewer was sending emails for half of the interview, and another was reviewing other candidates resumes and pulled out a book halfway through the interview. I did not feel I was well represented.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

The interview process was very technical. The process started out with a MD asking me about my previous experiences and why I believe I would be a good fit for the job, followed by basic valuation technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF? What is WACC? How long do you typically project out Free Cash Flows and how do you find FCF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through college, got a on campus interview with a MD. Pretty relaxing environment I would say. People are pretty friendly. Got feed back around 2 wks after the interview

Interview Questions

• 1.Why Duff&Phelps, and why valuation. 2. asked a little bit a bout resume, What I did before.
      3.What are some valuation method. 4. Walk through DCF 5 Have you have experience related to DCF in school.
       At the end asked about location preference   Answer Question