Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University, within 1 week, I received the invitation for an interview. It was a one on one interview. Took about 20 mins. The interviewer kept looking at the clock every 5 mins like he was in the rush. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why this job, and one related field question   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. It took HR over a month and 20 emails to connect me with a VP in the investment banking group for a second round phone screen. I've dealt with a few different HR departments, so I understand there may be a disconnect when scheduling second round interviews. This experience was something else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume. Why did you attend the university that you did? Basic technicals.   Answer Question

Valuation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Applied through campus portal. Phone Interview and 3 interview superday. Phone interview was very technical, but not hard. Basic valuation questions. Superday was all fit with a few easy technicals (100 dollars of depreciation expenses). Heard back one week later. Accepted offer. 28.13/hr

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF/ How do you value a company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call inviting me to come in for a 30-minute in-person interview. I met with the manager and was asked the basic routine questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Got an email after my application was reviewed and I got a first round interview with 3 teams that consisted with VP + manager in 3 different offices. Mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Sounded bit informal.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone call screen by recruiter. Followed by phone screen by member of transfer pricing team. In office interviews with four members of the team plus a case study. Very timely process and quick to receive answers.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions: what classes have you taken, what do you know about valuation, tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and what were the conflicts and outcomes, what do you know about D&P? Then got an email back saying they wanted to do an in person interview onsite. Met with 6 people over 3 hours. Still waiting to hear back.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. one was with an Analyst and the other was with the VP. They flew me out for a super day round of interviews with a few other candidates. We had dinner with them the night before the interview and then had three interviews the next day with different people in the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing that building(as the interviewer points out the window)?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

One on One interview with Sr. Manager. Very standard questions about background and goals. nothing too intense. Due to the referral I had a good idea of what to expect. It was basically a formality for the second face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel this opportunity and company are good fits?   Answer Question

Strategic Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

First go through the resume, introduce what this position do, several behavioral questions, and last technical questions. The first round is on-campus interview with the manager. I have not heard the results until now

Interview Questions

• Probability related to expected value of choosing cards   Answer Question