Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

Valuation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Consisted of a screening call, technical interview via phone, and and on site interview which required 5 30 minute one-on-one interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions

• How do you expect you can contribute most to this firm?   Answer Question

Found another position at a firm I wanted to work at more.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

Hands down the most technical interview that I ever had.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate Beta for a private company?
      Whats the effect of $100mm issuance of debt on a company's financials at year 1?
      Can you walk me through an LBO?
      Why do they consider Mergers a P/E game?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen then went in for 4, 30 minute interviews. Took the applicants to lunch afterwards. Basic behavioral questions, but each interviewer asked how you would value a company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Recruiting was done through my school's career center website. Normal resume and cover letter drop. First was a phone interview, and then a superday which consisted of 4 back to back interviews. Surprisingly no technical questions

Interview Questions

Interview

it was a phone interview. The person was really really nice. both behaviour and technical, very luckly, got to second round.

Interview Questions

• many questions regarding behaviour, you need examples for each one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The manager did screen interview and they dont do sponsorship. The interview was pretty casual, and HR is pretty nice.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview and then office interview

Valuation Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview and asked a few behavioral questions, but most of the questions were fairly simple technical/ conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• Describing Fundamental analysis, market analysis, how to get FCF and what is CAPM.   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Interview

It took them a very long time to initiate the phone interview. The interviewer seemed bored when he interviewed me, and the so-called "technical questions" were quite silly.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had trouble working in a team?   Answer Question

Interview

Quick. Interviewers were not asking difficult questions. A more centralized interview process would/does vet out poor candidates. Rather than constantly looking for quality talent, they wait until people leave and then realize that their choices are not ideal.

Negotiation

They beat another offer I had