Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

good process, good experience, go through cv and some easy probability questions , some math questions and some coding problems. good experience for everyone, waiting for offer or not yet, good office

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Got an email after my application was reviewed and I got a first round interview with 3 teams that consisted with VP + manager in 3 different offices. Mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Sounded bit informal.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call inviting me to come in for a 30-minute in-person interview. I met with the manager and was asked the basic routine questions.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds - The first, more technical with two senior analysts is divided in two parts, basic personal questions and then they provide you a case for you to read and disccuss. They will leave the room and then return in around 40mins. The case discussion will be there to draw out questions from all basic valuation topics, such as FCF, CCF, ECF, WACC, Long Term Growth rates, Terminal Value, CAPM, Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, etc...Nothing too complicated (options, etc...) but know the basics thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Which Company (of the case) would you recommend purchasing? Why?   Answer Question
    • How do you calculate the rates of return (Debt, Equity) in public, private firms?   1 Answer
    • What is the long run growth in the perpetuity and why can't it be larger than the GDP of the world?   Answer Question
    • Basic Valuation Questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University, within 1 week, I received the invitation for an interview. It was a one on one interview. Took about 20 mins. The interviewer kept looking at the clock every 5 mins like he was in the rush. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why this job, and one related field question   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. It took HR over a month and 20 emails to connect me with a VP in the investment banking group for a second round phone screen. I've dealt with a few different HR departments, so I understand there may be a disconnect when scheduling second round interviews. This experience was something else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume. Why did you attend the university that you did? Basic technicals.   Answer Question

Valuation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Applied through campus portal. Phone Interview and 3 interview superday. Phone interview was very technical, but not hard. Basic valuation questions. Superday was all fit with a few easy technicals (100 dollars of depreciation expenses). Heard back one week later. Accepted offer. 28.13/hr

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF/ How do you value a company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

After a telephone interview, I was invited to attend an assessment center in Frankfurt. We were four applicants and had to do a logical, a numerical and a verbal reasoning test at the beginning. After that I had three consecutive interviews with one managing director, one senior consultant and one analyst.

Interview Questions

• You have two companies. One is an energy provider and one is a marketing agency. How would the balance sheet look like if you compare them? What would WC look like for both? What KPI´s/ controlling schemes would apply? What would the cost structure look like?   Answer Question
    • You buy a machine and pay next year. How is it accounted for? What happens in CF, BS and P&L? How is it included in the valuation?   Answer Question
    • You have a consultancy business and want to make 3mn revenue per year. How many consultants do you need (gues)? How would you calculate it? (mental calculations and costing/ budgeting)   Answer Question

Intenship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Fairly simple and straight forward. call and 2 interviews. A simple discussion regarding the position and what they can offer and a followup discussion regarding what i can offer and my skills and knowledge.

Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online via their careers portal. Invited to an initial interview in their offices, very positive experience with questions about cv, Duff and Phelps as a business and the area I was applying to. Invited to a second interview with senior staff. Again a very positive experience with the opportunity to ask my own questions.