Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked to walk through my resume. Then I was given some technical questions on valuation. I was also asked the current gas and oil price (cause I was applying for the Houston office). As there were some time left, I was asked a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• Describe some valuation you know.   1 Answer
    • Current oil price?   1 Answer
    • If you have a 3 gallon cup and a 5 gallon cup, and you have unlimited water, how can you get 4 gallons of water?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I did an on campus interview with a manager there. It was very relaxed and more conversation based rather than question based. The employee was friendly and was looking for a good fit rather than technical knowledge in the first round.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied thru school's career center, heard back right away and had first interview on the phone and then the super day. Very standard and mostly behavioral type questions, but they did try and push deeper to go technical.

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your resume. Walk me thru a DCF   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

- Applied on line.
    - Got the 1st round phone interview after several weeks. The 1st round interview is basically behavioral questions.
    - Within 1 week, got the 2nd round phone interview. This one is still close around the resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University, within 1 week, I received the invitation for an interview. It was a one on one interview. Took about 20 mins. The interviewer kept looking at the clock every 5 mins like he was in the rush. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why this job, and one related field question   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with HR. It took HR over a month and 20 emails to connect me with a VP in the investment banking group for a second round phone screen. I've dealt with a few different HR departments, so I understand there may be a disconnect when scheduling second round interviews. This experience was something else. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume. Why did you attend the university that you did? Basic technicals.   Answer Question

Valuation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Applied through campus portal. Phone Interview and 3 interview superday. Phone interview was very technical, but not hard. Basic valuation questions. Superday was all fit with a few easy technicals (100 dollars of depreciation expenses). Heard back one week later. Accepted offer. 28.13/hr

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF/ How do you value a company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call inviting me to come in for a 30-minute in-person interview. I met with the manager and was asked the basic routine questions.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone call screen by recruiter. Followed by phone screen by member of transfer pricing team. In office interviews with four members of the team plus a case study. Very timely process and quick to receive answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions: what classes have you taken, what do you know about valuation, tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and what were the conflicts and outcomes, what do you know about D&P? Then got an email back saying they wanted to do an in person interview onsite. Met with 6 people over 3 hours. Still waiting to hear back.