Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through career site on campus. Had on campus interview, mix of behavioral and technical questions. Moved on to Super Day Round, this includes three one on one interviews with a group case study. Have not attended super day yet, but first round in person, interviewer was very helpful and kind, willing to help talk through answers.

Interview Questions

• Value a private company?

DCF?

WACC?

How to get to cash flows to only equity holders?
      Answer Question

Valuatio Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by super day. Light technical questions were asked throughout. A lot of behavioral and fit questions were included. Superday also included a case study, which was fairly straight forward.

Strategic Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and got the 1st round phone interview about a week after. The interviewer is a senior manager and asked both behavioral questions and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions are quite standard, mostly related to teamwork, strength & weakness, and background.
      Asked 2 techinical questions, both are probability questions about dies.
      Answer Question

Real Estate Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR for a phone screen. After that, a 45 minute phone interview with a Director. Flew me out for a cocktail party and super day. Super day consisted of 4 interviews with senior management. Received an offer 2 days after the super day

Interview Questions

• Why this position. Why this location. Very fit oriented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on One with a senior member of the firm. Mainly asked questions about my resume and my educational experience. Interview ended with a couple of technical questions, but did not make it to the second round group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a company with negative net working capital?   1 Answer
    • What methods are used to value a company?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite class you've taken?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

First round is a 30 minute interview which is a very short time period. I was asked to talk through my resume and then had some basic follow up questions in behavioral format. The interviewer seemed rushed or like he did not want to be there and checked the clock repeatedly. The first question of the interview was how long is this interview.

Interview Questions

• A question about recent news and how I would go about valuing the damages.   Answer Question

Document Manager (Not By Choice) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I would've liked to interview for the compliance role but that's apparently reserved for dumb rich kids. Apparently they'd rather hire a finance major who doesn't need the money to do taxes rather than a highly motivated accounting grad.

Interview Questions

• How are your Excel skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed. Only technical questions were asked. I got the interview through their campus recruiting. Just know your valuation models. They will ask you to compute either the WACC or discounted cash flows, but the recruiter will help you with it if you don't have a finance background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus. Run me through your resume, three brief behavioral and then mostly technical. DCF, WACC, and equation of it, how you use it. How are the three financial statements linked together and how would you value a company, private, public? That was about it, would suggest you are a finance major, know your material well in order to succeed at this interview.

Associate - Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Salem, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

A Duff and Phelps recruiter called me out of the blue to set up an appointment with their team in their Salem offices. I went and I interviewed with the two partners and two other high up people, and they asked regular questions about transfer pricing, economics analysis, basic stuff. Nothing too difficult. There was a case study question, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then one of the senior partners passed me off to two lower level employees and I talked to them for about ten minutes. They then brought me back to the original interview room, where no one met me. I was left to myself, no one told me that the interview was over, what the next steps were, nothing. I ended having to come back to the office and knock on one of their doors and ask what the next steps were. They said for SURE they would get back to me in two weeks.

Fast forward two weeks, I hear nothing back. I reach out to one of their HR people in Chicago and ask him what the result of the interview was. In writing, he said he would contact them and "absolutely get back" to me. He never did.

Overall the process was unprofessional, as they should have given me a response either way. A company that does not respect the time and energy a candidate puts into preparing and coming for a face to face interview by at least telling they did not get the job, usually exhibits the same behavior to its employees. I will never interview with Duff and Phelps again, as they are dishonest, disrespectful, and a waste of your time. Horrible experience.