Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus. Run me through your resume, three brief behavioral and then mostly technical. DCF, WACC, and equation of it, how you use it. How are the three financial statements linked together and how would you value a company, private, public? That was about it, would suggest you are a finance major, know your material well in order to succeed at this interview.

Associate - Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Salem, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

A Duff and Phelps recruiter called me out of the blue to set up an appointment with their team in their Salem offices. I went and I interviewed with the two partners and two other high up people, and they asked regular questions about transfer pricing, economics analysis, basic stuff. Nothing too difficult. There was a case study question, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then one of the senior partners passed me off to two lower level employees and I talked to them for about ten minutes. They then brought me back to the original interview room, where no one met me. I was left to myself, no one told me that the interview was over, what the next steps were, nothing. I ended having to come back to the office and knock on one of their doors and ask what the next steps were. They said for SURE they would get back to me in two weeks.

Fast forward two weeks, I hear nothing back. I reach out to one of their HR people in Chicago and ask him what the result of the interview was. In writing, he said he would contact them and "absolutely get back" to me. He never did.

Overall the process was unprofessional, as they should have given me a response either way. A company that does not respect the time and energy a candidate puts into preparing and coming for a face to face interview by at least telling they did not get the job, usually exhibits the same behavior to its employees. I will never interview with Duff and Phelps again, as they are dishonest, disrespectful, and a waste of your time. Horrible experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their website and heard back 2 weeks later. They called me for a thirty minute phone interview, and that's as far as the process has gone so far. Half was behavioral, half was technical, with a little time at the end for questions. Overall good experience, just be prepared to know your technicals and have stories ready on hand.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to convince/influence someone on something they were being stubborn about   Answer Question
    • Full DCF and WACC explanation   Answer Question
    • If I have two exactly identical firms, but one is private and one is public, which one would sell for more?   Answer Question

Dispute Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online in March 2016. Heard back in one week for phone interview. Phone interview took 30 minutes with mostly behavioral questions and a few technical questions. Interviewed at office the following week with VP and another analyst for 1 and a half hours. Mostly technical questions and both explained what I would do if I missed a question. At the end of the interview I was shown around the office. Still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What SQL queries would you use to find specific data from the database?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews; one phone interview and one office interview. VERY technical questions will be asked but they all ask the same questions from a question bank. I read 6 of the 7 phone technical questions on here before hand so that helped me get the office interview. Office interview had 3 different interviews followed by a case study where you work with the other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 8 people individually over two rounds. 30 minutes for each interview. Was asked mostly behavioral and background/experience questions with some light technical questions mixed in. Know your valuation processes. Interview process was a positive experience, great team. Did not get asked anything that was not expected, very fair questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company? Why D&P? What sparked your interest in the valuation industry? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

4 rounds - telephone interview only. The entire process was well-organized. The phone screen would last on average 30 minutes. I had the opportunity to talk to an Associate, VP and 2 Directors. They were enthusiastic and the majority of them described the positive aspects of working at D&P.

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions; mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Both behavioral. The first by first year analyst and the second by 2 managers. Easy questions such as walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself, what is transfer pricing etc. Friendly people, great work culture.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

I did an on-campus interview with Duff & Phelps. The interviewer ran long in the interview before mine and then cut mine short, so it was almost completely technical. It then took them almost 2 months to get back to those of us who interviewed to let us know they had already finished their interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you mitigate the risk for a power plant?   1 Answer