Duff & Phelps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had my first round interview with two people from the transfer pricing department and it was basically a run down of my resume. They were really friendly and I felt like the company culture environment was very relax. I'm still waiting to hear back from there, however. Definitely know your resume well and know what transfer pricing is.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Incredibly seamless interview process. Received an e-mail from HR to schedule a first round phone interview with two managers. This first interview was mostly based on my resume with some behavioral "tell me about a time" questions. A few days after I was again contacted by HR to schedule a time for me to fly up to the office for another interview with the same people I spoke with over the phone. Again, this interview was mostly behavioral, with the hour and a half split between the two people.

Interview Questions

• Assume a client sends you data to work with in a format that will require a fair amount of time and effort to straighten out, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screen; in person interview. Nothing too unexpected - technicals were basic questions about the 3 financial statements. Fit questions dealt with previous experience and the relevance of coursework. Very nice people. Would definitely have worked there, but I found an opportunity that was a better fit for me personally

Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Only involved a phone interview, no followup at the office.

No hard technical questions, just covered basic corporate finance knowledge. Talked about the company, then walked through the experiences on my resume, then mostly just tried to gauge my interest in the role and more broadly finance in general.

Phone interview only lasted about 25 minutes total.

Analyst‚ Real Estate Advisory Group Denver, Colorado Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

In person/ on campus interview with upper-level management asked about my resume and why I choose Duff and Phelps. Really just looking for someone that was really into real estate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into real estate valuations?   1 Answer

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

30 minutes, on campus interview. 10 minutes resume, 10 minutes behavioral, 5 minutes technical, 5 minutes q&a. Very relaxed and comfortable interview. Interviewer was nice and understanding, not trying to trick the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What made you get interested in valuation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge you had when giving a presentation? (work or school)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to give bad news to someone   Answer Question
    • 3 valuation methods. explain DCF. how do you get discount rate   Answer Question
    • What tends to be more expensive for companies, cost of debt or cost of equity   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quickly and was brought into the office the next day for an interview. The people I met were kind and willing to listen as much as they talked. I recommend researching more about the company and the position you are applying for. You must know why you want to work there. It's been almost 3 weeks since my interview and received no feed back, even after they told me I'd hear back with good or bad news.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in October 2015.

Interview

On-Campus Interview and super day in the regional office. Super day consisted of a case study and 5 interviews with managing directors. Basic behavioral questions and some technical questions

Every interviewer I met with cursed during the interview. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Additionally, the process was long and poorly organized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Athens, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited for a first round interview on campus. I was asked to go over my resume and describe my work experience. I was then asked about class experience that relates to valuation and leadership experience. I was then asked 4 or 5 technical questions related to valuation. I am still waiting to hear back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by Super Day. On campus interview was basic, with several technical questions regarding valuation techniques. Super Day consisted of three one on one interviews with VPs and Directors, followed by a collaborative case study.