Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through University, within 1 week, I received the invitation for an interview. It was a one on one interview. Took about 20 mins. The interviewer kept looking at the clock every 5 mins like he was in the rush. Never heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why this job, and one related field question   Answer Question

Valuation Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ).

Interview

Applied through campus portal. Phone Interview and 3 interview superday. Phone interview was very technical, but not hard. Basic valuation questions. Superday was all fit with a few easy technicals (100 dollars of depreciation expenses). Heard back one week later. Accepted offer. 28.13/hr

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF/ How do you value a company? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university. Got an email after my application was reviewed and I got a first round interview with 3 teams that consisted with VP + manager in 3 different offices. Mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Sounded bit informal.

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone call screen by recruiter. Followed by phone screen by member of transfer pricing team. In office interviews with four members of the team plus a case study. Very timely process and quick to receive answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screening - very simple... glimpse into the company with no behavioral just a few technical... ways to value a company? market outlook.... walk me through a DCF.... Walk me through Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Interview Questions

• how can you go about coming up with values for future cash flows when doing a DCF   Answer Question

Valuatio Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by super day. Light technical questions were asked throughout. A lot of behavioral and fit questions were included. Superday also included a case study, which was fairly straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 8 people individually over two rounds. 30 minutes for each interview. Was asked mostly behavioral and background/experience questions with some light technical questions mixed in. Know your valuation processes. Interview process was a positive experience, great team. Did not get asked anything that was not expected, very fair questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company? Why D&P? What sparked your interest in the valuation industry? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screen; in person interview. Nothing too unexpected - technicals were basic questions about the 3 financial statements. Fit questions dealt with previous experience and the relevance of coursework. Very nice people. Would definitely have worked there, but I found an opportunity that was a better fit for me personally

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Next if you passed the initial screen you are interviewed in one of their offices. Overall the interview was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question