Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

DP came and recruited at my university. After initially getting turned down for an interview, I spoke with the recruiter on campus and asked them to reconsider me for the position. They did, and an interview was set up for later that week.

At an info session before the interviews, DP told us to make sure we knew our technical information, because thats how most applicants get killed during the interview. Along with that, DP was definitely one of the toughest interviews I've had this season, asking very specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time, either in a professional or academic setting, where you had a public speaking opportunity and you failed. And then tell me how you learned from that and how you would not make that mistake again.   Answer Question
    • What is WACC? CAPM? Free Cash Flow?   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone call screen by recruiter. Followed by phone screen by member of transfer pricing team. In office interviews with four members of the team plus a case study. Very timely process and quick to receive answers.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter followed by 2 office visits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Valuatio Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by super day. Light technical questions were asked throughout. A lot of behavioral and fit questions were included. Superday also included a case study, which was fairly straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screening - very simple... glimpse into the company with no behavioral just a few technical... ways to value a company? market outlook.... walk me through a DCF.... Walk me through Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Interview Questions

• how can you go about coming up with values for future cash flows when doing a DCF   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screen; in person interview. Nothing too unexpected - technicals were basic questions about the 3 financial statements. Fit questions dealt with previous experience and the relevance of coursework. Very nice people. Would definitely have worked there, but I found an opportunity that was a better fit for me personally

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 8 people individually over two rounds. 30 minutes for each interview. Was asked mostly behavioral and background/experience questions with some light technical questions mixed in. Know your valuation processes. Interview process was a positive experience, great team. Did not get asked anything that was not expected, very fair questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company? Why D&P? What sparked your interest in the valuation industry? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Talked with two managing directors and one of the managers. It was first about whether there was a good fit between myself and the needs of the firm. They also wanted to see if I was likable. Then they introduced me to employees in the firm to make me comfortable with the environment.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like past experience and future goals. They wanted to know what area of advisory work I was interested in doing. They also asked questions about experience in working with clients and being on teams.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Next if you passed the initial screen you are interviewed in one of their offices. Overall the interview was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question