Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

No technicals, all behavioral

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an investment banker at D&P?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very casual and a bit disorganized. I felt that the interviewers didn't even know what they want. They tried to ask you technical questions but as you discussed more, you realized that some of the interviewers just wanted to use big words and sound smart in front of you. HR takes a long time to respond to you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in April 2007.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone. After a good experience there I was offered to visit the office for a series of interviews with the members of the group I was applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

alumni met at my school to inform about Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I did a first round interview on campus. Then trekked to NYC for second round through Amtrak. Started at 10 in the morning with a group case interview then had about 5 more one on one interviews. The office is pretty nice; its the building across from Blackrock's building and has a bunch of big firms in there such as Morgan Stanley. The people are nice and cool to hangout with.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique to the other interview candidates?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have that are relevant to the job?   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was hired out of college. There was no on campus recruiting in my year. A buddy told me about it, I submitted my resume, had a call with a managing director and it turned out that it went well. They had me up for a super day and ended up offering me a job.

Interview Questions

• The business case was by far the most challenging. We had to essentially come up with different aspects of a merger with people also interviewing who you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations as I was coming from college.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Next if you passed the initial screen you are interviewed in one of their offices. Overall the interview was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Talked with two managing directors and one of the managers. It was first about whether there was a good fit between myself and the needs of the firm. They also wanted to see if I was likable. Then they introduced me to employees in the firm to make me comfortable with the environment.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like past experience and future goals. They wanted to know what area of advisory work I was interested in doing. They also asked questions about experience in working with clients and being on teams.   Answer Question