Duff & Phelps Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.1

Transfer Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Phone call screen by recruiter. Followed by phone screen by member of transfer pricing team. In office interviews with four members of the team plus a case study. Very timely process and quick to receive answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Very casual and a bit disorganized. I felt that the interviewers didn't even know what they want. They tried to ask you technical questions but as you discussed more, you realized that some of the interviewers just wanted to use big words and sound smart in front of you. HR takes a long time to respond to you.

Valuatio Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by super day. Light technical questions were asked throughout. A lot of behavioral and fit questions were included. Superday also included a case study, which was fairly straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screening - very simple... glimpse into the company with no behavioral just a few technical... ways to value a company? market outlook.... walk me through a DCF.... Walk me through Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Interview Questions

• how can you go about coming up with values for future cash flows when doing a DCF   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One phone screen; in person interview. Nothing too unexpected - technicals were basic questions about the 3 financial statements. Fit questions dealt with previous experience and the relevance of coursework. Very nice people. Would definitely have worked there, but I found an opportunity that was a better fit for me personally

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 8 people individually over two rounds. 30 minutes for each interview. Was asked mostly behavioral and background/experience questions with some light technical questions mixed in. Know your valuation processes. Interview process was a positive experience, great team. Did not get asked anything that was not expected, very fair questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company? Why D&P? What sparked your interest in the valuation industry? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Talked with two managing directors and one of the managers. It was first about whether there was a good fit between myself and the needs of the firm. They also wanted to see if I was likable. Then they introduced me to employees in the firm to make me comfortable with the environment.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like past experience and future goals. They wanted to know what area of advisory work I was interested in doing. They also asked questions about experience in working with clients and being on teams.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief phone interview. Next if you passed the initial screen you are interviewed in one of their offices. Overall the interview was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.