Duff & Phelps Real Estate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Real Estate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. one was with an Analyst and the other was with the VP. They flew me out for a super day round of interviews with a few other candidates. We had dinner with them the night before the interview and then had three interviews the next day with different people in the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing that building(as the interviewer points out the window)?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps in September 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a director from the company. It was fairly casual, and involved a lot of dialogue, as opposed to a strict Q&A format. The questions weren't really analytical, but instead mostly about my previous work background and why I specifically wanted to work for Duff & Phelps.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you most to this company as opposed to others?   Answer Question

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

The interview process is a standard one where you meet with the around 3-4 team members and talk about current interests in real estate, coursework/internships where you have worked and how it will help you for the real world. No technical questions besides asking about a DCF. More general questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 managers. The interview was largely behavioral; why was I interested in real estate, what in my background showed prior real estate experience and interest? There were some technical aspects to the interview as well where they tested real estate knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the three types of approaches to valuing real estate?   1 Answer

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone Interview and then office interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

My initial communication was via e-mail to confirm I was still interested in the job I had applied for. However, I had applied for the same position several times within the past year (because there were constant re-posts of the opening). The most recent application was the impetus for my interview. However, one of the interviewers questioned why I did not apply for the position previously--major disconnect between human resources representative and the interviewers.

Each interviewer asked vague questions; i.e. "Tell me about yourself", "What does your experience consist of", "What do you know about the company", "why are you interested in the position" etc. One interviewer, in particular, was argumentative--not sure if this was a test to see how I would react to a difficult personality or if that was just his particular personality. In short, though, he was a major d-bag---damn it feels good to vent that. The other two interviewers were legit; although they had little understanding of the industry outside of their company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to the school you went to, as opposed to another university a half hour away?   1 Answer
    • What are your goals for promotion in this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process involved a round of on-campus interview and a "super day" round of in-office interviews with the company recruiter and the real estate team consisting of 2 analysts, 1 vice president, and 1 managing director at the time. The questions consisted primarily of behavioral and experiential questions as opposed to purely technical questions. The people interviewing for the business valuation analyst positions were asked more techinical questions related to financial statement analysis and cash flow modelling. Though questions like those have shown up in the past, they did not come up during my interview.

Interview Questions

• Give your assessment of the present condition of the commercial real estate market (regional or national - you pick) or capital markets in general as well as where you see them going over the near-term.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

There was an on-campus interview, which was very straight forward and just asked you to go over your experience/skills. A few people got the 2nd round interview which consisted of 5 one-on-one interviews with VP's and above.

Again, there wasn't many technical questions. It was merely going through your resume and triyng to relate it to their position. Overall, pretty easy interview but they took a while to get back.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Just why you want the job, how your experience will make you successful, etc.   Answer Question