Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY).

Interview

More technical than other interviews I have done. Just know your stuff!
Relax also and very friendly. I got to the first round of interview after I applied via my school.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Mostly technical questions, and fundamental questions about my resume and job experience. There was also a brain teaser to test your logic skills. They also asked me about the state of the oil market, since I was going into Oil & Gas Valuation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Athens, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

They were at the career fair then held 30 minute interview on campus. I was asked some short questions about getting to know me then technical ones about excel and NPV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Great interview, very strait forward and comfortable. Just know why you want the position and your experience in valuation. Not sure what they are looking for sense my interview was great and i connected with them well. Probably more experience in the area of valuation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Was first screened via phone by MD of Portfolio Valuation. Then flown out the flowing week to NYC to interview at a Superday. Consisted of 3 back to back 1/2 hour interviews and a case study on valuation. Mostly behavioral- but will have technical.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

The interview process was very technical. The process started out with a MD asking me about my previous experiences and why I believe I would be a good fit for the job, followed by basic valuation technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF? What is WACC? How long do you typically project out Free Cash Flows and how do you find FCF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through college, got a on campus interview with a MD. Pretty relaxing environment I would say. People are pretty friendly. Got feed back around 2 wks after the interview

Interview Questions

• 1.Why Duff&Phelps, and why valuation. 2. asked a little bit a bout resume, What I did before.
      3.What are some valuation method. 4. Walk through DCF 5 Have you have experience related to DCF in school.
       At the end asked about location preference   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked to walk through my resume. Then I was given some technical questions on valuation. I was also asked the current gas and oil price (cause I was applying for the Houston office). As there were some time left, I was asked a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• Describe some valuation you know.   1 Answer
    • Current oil price?   1 Answer
    • If you have a 3 gallon cup and a 5 gallon cup, and you have unlimited water, how can you get 4 gallons of water?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

- Applied on line.
    - Got the 1st round phone interview after several weeks. The 1st round interview is basically behavioral questions.
    - Within 1 week, got the 2nd round phone interview. This one is still close around the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions: what classes have you taken, what do you know about valuation, tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and what were the conflicts and outcomes, what do you know about D&P? Then got an email back saying they wanted to do an in person interview onsite. Met with 6 people over 3 hours. Still waiting to hear back.