Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online then received an email stating they wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions: what classes have you taken, what do you know about valuation, tell me about a time where you worked on a group project and what were the conflicts and outcomes, what do you know about D&P? Then got an email back saying they wanted to do an in person interview onsite. Met with 6 people over 3 hours. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screening - very simple... glimpse into the company with no behavioral just a few technical... ways to value a company? market outlook.... walk me through a DCF.... Walk me through Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Interview Questions

• how can you go about coming up with values for future cash flows when doing a DCF   Answer Question

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

So far have only completed phone interview. Have not heard back yet. Interview was scheduled about 2 weeks after submitting my resume. Called by a director. Pretty laid back tone. Questions were basically what I expected. Technical and behavioral questions; I would say an even mix of the two. Definitely be comfortable with questions regarding DCF and the steps involved in it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through career site on campus. Had on campus interview, mix of behavioral and technical questions. Moved on to Super Day Round, this includes three one on one interviews with a group case study. Have not attended super day yet, but first round in person, interviewer was very helpful and kind, willing to help talk through answers.

Interview Questions

• Value a private company?

DCF?

WACC?

How to get to cash flows to only equity holders?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on One with a senior member of the firm. Mainly asked questions about my resume and my educational experience. Interview ended with a couple of technical questions, but did not make it to the second round group case interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a company with negative net working capital?   1 Answer
    • What methods are used to value a company?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite class you've taken?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Provo, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed. Only technical questions were asked. I got the interview through their campus recruiting. Just know your valuation models. They will ask you to compute either the WACC or discounted cash flows, but the recruiter will help you with it if you don't have a finance background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus. Run me through your resume, three brief behavioral and then mostly technical. DCF, WACC, and equation of it, how you use it. How are the three financial statements linked together and how would you value a company, private, public? That was about it, would suggest you are a finance major, know your material well in order to succeed at this interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Valuation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their website and heard back 2 weeks later. They called me for a thirty minute phone interview, and that's as far as the process has gone so far. Half was behavioral, half was technical, with a little time at the end for questions. Overall good experience, just be prepared to know your technicals and have stories ready on hand.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to convince/influence someone on something they were being stubborn about   Answer Question
    • Full DCF and WACC explanation   Answer Question
    • If I have two exactly identical firms, but one is private and one is public, which one would sell for more?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews; one phone interview and one office interview. VERY technical questions will be asked but they all ask the same questions from a question bank. I read 6 of the 7 phone technical questions on here before hand so that helped me get the office interview. Office interview had 3 different interviews followed by a case study where you work with the other candidates.