Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Duff & Phelps Valuation Analyst Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Dec 19, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone screening - very simple... glimpse into the company with no behavioral just a few technical... ways to value a company? market outlook.... walk me through a DCF.... Walk me through Weighted Average Cost of Capital

Interview Questions

• how can you go about coming up with values for future cash flows when doing a DCF   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Duff & Phelps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, however seems to be significant turnover. People in HR are difficult to work with and take forever to respond. Do not interview here. Waste of time. I would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• Different ways to value a business.   1 Answer

Everyone seemed like they wanted out. Low morale and uninterested employees. Seem like analyst work for two years and leave.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 8 people individually over two rounds. 30 minutes for each interview. Was asked mostly behavioral and background/experience questions with some light technical questions mixed in. Know your valuation processes. Interview process was a positive experience, great team. Did not get asked anything that was not expected, very fair questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you value a company? Why D&P? What sparked your interest in the valuation industry? Where do you see yourself in a few years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (Morristown, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a HR letter to interview with VP. Asked about experience and financial accounting problems. Very friendly, but asked to reconsider my application since background doesn't match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I sat down with two managing directors and two associates for about a half hour each. They described how the position would go and asked me a few technical questions. How would you analyze a financial institution compared to a comapany that manufactured widgets? The interview itself was not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a bank versus a company that manufactures widgets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duff & Phelps (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter followed by 2 office visits.